You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Gagarin wrote:
briggsy wrote:
2008 Intentions wrote:

Street of Dreams without skip?

this leak is actually just the new intro from the skipping version added to an older leak

also, to those wondering, 3 more tracks have leaked with the skipping:
Riad N' The Bedouins
If The World
Prostitute

making a total of 8 leaks now, all with skipping...

BUT - Street Of Dreams (Skip/Bad Leak) has extra lyrics or words added to the 'whoooa ohh ohh oh!' part at the end.

Can't fake that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

BUT - Street Of Dreams (Skip/Bad Leak) has extra lyrics or words added to the 'whoooa ohh ohh oh!' part at the end.

Can't fake that.

He's probably referring to some fake leaker cooking up a leak with the added new shit.

There's a special place in hell for those clowns....

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Can't fake that.

He's probably referring to some fake leaker cooking up a leak with the added new shit.

There's a special place in hell for those clowns....

Haha. You're right there's probably some fake thing out there as well.

I always thought it would be funny if some of the long-ago very poor quality fake 'Chinese Democracy' tracks proved to be REAL smile

(closssinnnggg inn on youuuuuu)

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Some interesting comments over at buckethead.tk about Sorry. One is that the intro sounds like it might have evolved into a whole different song on Bucket' Pepper's Ghost CD. Anyone confirm this who has heard it? Also, the Sorry solo reminds at least a couple people of the solo in Sea of Expanding Shapes, which was a Bucket song from the late-90s. James?

Interesting. I do not have that album. Send me the track you're referring to for comparison purposes.

I would not be surprised at all if some of Bucket's solo material during the time frame he was in GNR originated during the CD sessions.

I don't know what song they are talking about from Pepper's Ghost, and I don't have the CD with Sea of Expanding Shapes. Maybe you can find it on YouTube. In any case, I'm in the dark having not listened to these, so I can't comment.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Some interesting comments over at buckethead.tk about Sorry. One is that the intro sounds like it might have evolved into a whole different song on Bucket' Pepper's Ghost CD. Anyone confirm this who has heard it? Also, the Sorry solo reminds at least a couple people of the solo in Sea of Expanding Shapes, which was a Bucket song from the late-90s. James?

Hey Bri.  That was me who said that about the sorry intro.  To me it sounds like "Embalming Plaza" was derived from the intro/outro.

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:

about the new Street of Dreams (with no skipping), to myself and many others it seems as though there is actually no new new leak of the song, just some clever "mixing" of the skipping leak and an older leak

as for Riad, there is an extra intro added (about 30 sec), kind of a doom/quake kinda background thing, skipping begins near the end of this

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

I'm amazed at my self-restraint.  I was desperate to hear new material primarily because I just didn't know if it would truly ever be released.  Now that there is an end in sight, I have no problem at all waiting until I put the CD in my player and get to hear new songs for the first time.

That said, I really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts on the songs...

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Please Mke my day. seriously.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

sorry and scraped have a style that will suit a wide variety of rock fans and i believe they could both be potential hits. this i love although simple in a way might be the strangest ballad from axl yet. it reminds me of his old dust in the wind, it's all right, sail away sweet sister intro shit in that it is beautiful and almost hymn like but almost seems incomplete. i probably make no sence but anyways i am very satisfied overall.

Sky Dog wrote:

if there are more leaks than the original limewire, I would certainly love to hear them....Rhiad? Prostitute...or whatever?

Board footer