You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: AXL ROSE Is 'Like A One-Man LED ZEPPELIN' - SEBASTIAN BACH

AtariLegend wrote:

sebastianbach.jpg

Sebastian, Angel Down is unbelievable! It's definitely been worth the wait. Your fans are not going to be disappointed, either. I think your fans really connect with you because they can see that you're a huge music fan, too.
That is totally true. Dimebag Darrell said something I'll never forget. Somebody asked him what kind of music he listened to and he said, 'I pretty much like all fucking music! I can tell you on one hand what I don't like!' If it's done with passion, talent, energy, and it comes from the heart, it's all good. I don't like boy bands and I don't like a lot of country. I dig Willie Nelson. I am a huge music fan, definitely.

It's been a few years since we've got to hear a true Sebastian Bach CD. It's got to feel good knowing that Angel Down is just around the corner.

Absolutely! I've been working on Angel Down for seven years. I did a record in 2005 that was under the radar called Absence of Empathy for a project called Frameshift II. The first Frameshift project featured James LaBrie from Dream Theater. It's progressive metal and it may as well have been called a Sebastian Bach record. I co-wrote seven songs on that record. Metal Edge named it one of the top metal records of 2005.
Angel Down is more what you'd expect from me. It's hard-ass rock that is fun and real energetic. If you dig metal screams you will definitely dig Angel Down! I made sure there were lots of screams on the record.

You're moving into legendary status with the screams on Angel Down, dude!
I appreciate that but I'd have to say that Rob Halford is king. You can't forget Ian Gillan. I'm just telling you where I learned it. I learned how to scream from Judas Priest and Deep Purple!

I know you were looking for an ideal record label situation before you released Angel Down. Tell me about your record deal - it's a pretty unique situation.
It's all down to one person - a guy named Jason Flom. This man signed Skid Row, Twisted Sister, Kid Rock, Sugar Ray - true rock motherfuckers! He digs rock. Here's the deal. A lot of my influence goes to the Metal God Rob Halford. One of my favorite records of the '90s is definitely Resurrection. He paid for that himself. He didn't have a label at the time and he didn't give a shit. He'd made a lot of money off of Judas Priest and he just said, 'Fuck it. I believe in myself!' I was kinda in that same situation. I had a label at the time and they went under in the middle of me making a record. The money they had promised me and the band to make the record - they only gave us half of it! I was 90% done. We were almost done. I just said 'Fuck it' and paid for it myself because I knew it was kickass. I sent that to Jason Flom. Guess what? I dropped it in his lap and he fucking signed me again! He gave me my own label called Get Off My Bach. It's through another old, dear friend named Jack Ponti. It's set up through EMI. His label, MRV, is distributed by Jason. Jason called me and said he loved 'By Your Side' the same way he loved 'I Remember You' back in the Skid Row days. He's also the guy that put me on Broadway with Jekyll and Hyde. He's always come through for me. I'm very lucky.
There is a lesson to be learned: If I didn't have belief in myself and money - if I didn't have money I would've been fucked! You can't go to Jason and explain to him how good something is going to be. You have to actually play it for him. I believed in myself over the last seven years. I did have help from my old label but when they went under I had to figure out what to do. I finished it on my own, gave it to Jason and he gave me a record deal. Then they gave me more funds to really finish it and I went back and fucking really finished it good. I put incredible drum sounds on the record. This day and age, the sound of metal has progressed quite a lot. I listen to what's out there and I love a lot of current metal. I had to have something I could listen to in my Ipod that would measure up to what I fuckin' dig now, and old Skid Row. I think I hit it, man. People seem to dig it.

Since you spent seven years working on Angel Down, what's the oldest track on the record?
The oldest track is the last track that I wrote with Desmond Child, 'Falling Into You.' Funnily enough, that was 100% Jason Flom again. When I was in the Jekyll and Hyde musical, the big show stopper song was 'This Is The Moment.' It's a soaring, long, clear ballad kinda along the lines of 'I Remember You.' Jason came backstage and told me he wanted me to write a song with Desmond Child. I said, 'Killer! Do it!' Atlantic Records sent me down to Desmond's house. I stood there in front of the piano and we both wrote 'Falling Into You.' It's the first piano ballad that I've ever had on the record.
There's a lot of ear candy on the record, too. There are things you won't hear until you hear it 20 fucking times! There's stuff buried back in the mix and I dig shit like that.

It probably sounds killer just listening to it through a set of headphones. You can always pick up things you won't normally hear if you're just blasting it out in the car.
That's right, dude. At the end of 'By Your Side' there's an orchestral part with me screaming at the end way in the distance. When I listen to old Sabbath records there's all these cool instrumental parts in between songs like 'Sabbra Cadabra,' 'FX,' and 'Supernaut' and I love that. I know the culture now is about singles but in my career I've made albums. I will always do that. Slave to the Grind is the watermark and that's a high standard as far as a record goes. I aim to keep that standard up.

Fans got an early taste of the album with '(Love Is A) Bitchslap''¦
Yeah! I was watching LA Ink with Kat Von D. the other day and dude, when fucking 'Bitchslap' came on the TV it sounded so good! It sounded KILLER! I'm a freak about sound, dude! I listened to so much music that influenced me for this record. Production-wise I listened to old Steely Dan. Nobody get scared! My album doesn't sound like that! I'm talking about the vocals, the harmonies, the drum sounds - I'm into really good production, dude. Roy Z produced it and he did an incredible job and Tom Baker at Precision Mastering totally fucking nailed it. We mastered it three times and the one I chose is real ballsy and bass heavy. I just fucking feel good when I listen to it!
I've partied with the CD and I just did Celebrity Rap Superstar. These guys party like rock stars! They drink all day and they smoke blunts all day - all of '˜em! After the show we would go back to my suite and crank Angel Down and all these 6′5″ rapper motherfuckers were freaking out! We listened to it nine times in a row in the piece of shit radio in the hotel. Bizarre from D12 was picking out parts to sample. 'Stuck Inside' was their favorite one because of the heavy bass.
We can't forget Axl Rose! I'm tripping over my words because I'm so excited! Axl sings lead on three of the songs and people have to be fucking excited about that! I know I am!

You guys are like partners in crime. You went out on the road together, you got him in the studio. I guess you have a good time with Axl.

I spent a better part of a year on the road with him getting fucking crazy! Axl is like a one man Led Zeppelin. You wanna talk about partying 'til 2PM the next afternoon and showing people how it's done! This motherfucker is like Jack Nicholson on the microphone. I don't even know what the fuck that means! We had Avenged Sevenfold out with us and they're a great band. We were in Europe. We'd do a show at the arena and Axl would go on around midnight. Then he'd go and rent out a club starting at like 5AM every fucking day! I don't know how he found those places! I was like, 'Where the fuck are we going to go at 5AM in Prague, Czechoslovakia?' Sure enough he gets a club as the sun is coming up and our busses roll in. We stumble up these stairs as the sun is shining in and he says, 'Time to start the party!' I can't even begin to describe that tour. The Avenged Sevenfold guys did their best, bless their hearts. They're a little younger than us! The drummer was the last one standing in that band and he's a fucking alcoholic! He reminded me a lot of Duff McKagan from the Use Your Illusion tour. The way he walked, talked and the way he slurred every other word. I love the guy!

You've always managed to keep your name in the spotlight. It doesn't even have to be a studio project. You're on TV all the time, like Celebrity Rap Superstar. Some of your fans may have been thrown off by that, but'¦
If anybody was thrown off, let me say one thing: So was I! Rick Sales is my manager. I tried to do it all alone and with my wife, who did a wonderful job but guy like Rick can do things that I can't do. He called me and asked if I wanted to do a rap show and I said no. He talked me into it. My fans need to realize that this is television in 2007. I felt like I was on Top Chef making a fucking dinner and getting it judged! 'Sebastian, please pack your knives and go.' MTV in '˜89 played 'Youth Gone Wild' and '18 And Life.' They don't have that anymore. I got to go on TRL and do a fucking song 'November 20″ that's all about my new record. Singing live on TRL is pretty cool for Sebastian Bach in 2007. My fans should be proud of that. I know it's crazy to fathom, but once we're all dead all that's left behind is our body of work. I count every song I did on Celebrity Rap Superstar. Some songs were better than others but when they were good I fuckin' killed it! 'Bombs Over Baghdad' by Outkast was almost verging on metal! I look at it like it's eight more songs for my fans. Chew on this!

Dude, what other metal guy gets to go on TRL and promote his new record?
Exactly! You said it - not me! What other metal guy goes on TRL and sings live with no overdubs. Britney, are you watching?! For me, to do something live is exciting. People can't deny the excitement of me doing eight weeks in a row every Thursday night on Celebrity Rap Superstar. I'm not saying they were all great but I really dug some of them. When I got eliminated from the contest I was so pissed off and then I really kicked ass!

Speaking of playing live, do you have any tour plans for Angel Down?

I was very spoiled in the last year playing sold out arenas with Axl and Guns N' Roses. I always hold out for things that I really believe in. I'm really holding out for a gigantic package tour. I don't know with who and I don't know when. I'm sure I'll do some dates around the release but I'd prefer playing arenas to clubs. That's all I've gotta tell ya. I like the big stage. I'm a big dude with a big fucking voice. When I'm on a tiny stage, I'm so tall I feel like a caged, savage animal!

Sebastian, thanks for catching up with us. What would you like to say to your fans?
I've been working on Angel Down since 2000. I'm very proud of it and I know the whole world has been waiting over 15 years for the return of Axl Rose and I'm so happy to give you his voice on three songs on this record. You wanted it, you got it! It's gonna be a rockin' Christmas. On November 20, it's time to fuckin' rock with Sebastian Bach and Rock Confidential!

Source: http://rockconfidential.com/magazine/in … stian-bach

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

What a crock of shit. Axl isn't a one man anything, much less Led Zeppelin. He does realize that Izzy was a huge part of the writing aspect of old GNR, and some people known as Slash and Duff helped with the music? What a dumbass. Same with new GNR. Without BH and Finck, these songs go absolutely nowhere.

One man Zep my ass.....

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

What a crock of shit. Axl isn't a one man anything, much less Led Zeppelin. He does realize that Izzy was a huge part of the writing aspect of old GNR, and some people known as Slash and Duff helped with the music? What a dumbass. Same with new GNR. Without BH and Finck, these songs go absolutely nowhere.

One man Zep my ass.....

I think he meant when it came to partying... 16

James

James wrote:

He needs to go read a Zep book then. Going to a club at 5 am doesn't make him a one man Zep either.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

This guy's the new Adler, in each and every way.

Ok, Axl is a great guy. We get it, no need to go down on him twice a week.

James

James wrote:

I just wonder if at some point Axl is going to tell him to keep his fucking mouth shut. Its starting to go way overboard. Soon Bach will be telling people Axl is like the Dalai Lama because he advocates Democracy in China.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

http://rockconfidential.com/magazine/wp … anbach.jpg

Here's the real truth on Bach.

From the likes of this photo, I would say that Bach deep down wants to be a chick so that would explain his lust for Axl.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Shut up already.

James

James wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

From the likes of this photo, I would say that Bach deep down wants to be a chick so that would explain his lust for Axl.

That photo proves he wants to be a woman?:nervous: I have longer hair than that, and I most certainly do not want to be a woman.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

I doubt that. He is a huge music fan and a total fan boy of rock n' roll. Not to mention his wife is hot as fuck.

Board footer