You are not logged in. Please register or login.

streetofdreams
 Rep: 1 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

A 320 and V0 rip with secure logs were uploaded to What.cd - they'll probably spread to other trackers fairly soon. I'm not downloading it because I don't like to download pre-release albums on torrents, but for those of you who care...

Sky Dog wrote:

is there one zipped file of the whole record?????

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
streetofdreams wrote:

A 320 and V0 rip with secure logs were uploaded to What.cd - they'll probably spread to other trackers fairly soon. I'm not downloading it because I don't like to download pre-release albums on torrents, but for those of you who care...

You got PM cool

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Brains drumming on Riad is absolutely unbelievable!!!!

I've burned to disc and blasting it through my sound system.

Highlights so far, Better and Riad, low points Catcher and TWAT. The rest is good. Sorry's on now, tis ok as well.

Terrible mixing on Catcher and TWAT, ruins the songs.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Terrible mixing on Catcher and TWAT, ruins the songs.

Yeah I noticed the same thing, cant believe those shit bells and whistles things are still on the TWAT intro. As a whole the demos of these 2 were much better. Catcher though would be amazing if they'd left Brian on it, but we all know that. TWAT just lacks something that the older versions had IMO.

Jeez, what happened to the Rhiad solo?!!? The first part of it is great, but does Ron base some of his solos on the loading noise of a ZX Spectrum? Real shame. IRS solos sounds butchered as well.

Bizarrely, and I cant believe it really but I dont have TOO many gripes about this album (asides from the name blah blah blah), I'm even starting to warm to Better shockingly.

One thing that this album does lack is really punchy, catchy intros. Instead we have intros like Scraped, IRS, Better (all TERRIBLE intros IMO). The only real stinker though here for me is This I Love. The vocals for Madagascar also sound pretty damn poor, it still sounds like a demo. Funny, but the let downs here for the most part are Axl's vocals and Ron's solos.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

how big is this? like 135mb?60 something mb?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The album is good.  Not great.  It relies on so many fucking layers to basically polish some turds into listenable songs.  I really like Sorry a lot.  This I Love could have been so much more.  Its decent at face value, but that is a song for the old band IMO.  Finck and Bucket don't get the epic solo at all.... They try hard, but there is not Estranged/NR/Coma level solo on the whole album.  The tone on the guitars at times is dreadfull.  Ron is a fantastic player, but this area of rock isn't for him. Too contrived.  Too spastic, just rock, we are not in outerspace in every song you solo in.  I like the title track too, I think that was produced well, or mixed and I know you can still hear some cut and paste, but it flows nicely.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Only have a four of the finals right now, and the solo on TIL makes me want to barf.

mcalldp
 Rep: 1 

mcalldp wrote:

I like CD a lot- The thing about layered songs is that you hear subtle differences each time you listen and so the songs grown on you more over time. Because of this. I think these songs will stand up much better to repeat listens than most music (including Illusions material)

Everyone is all over the place as far as what they like and don't like. I for one love the intro sounds for TWAT etc... I think that some of the punch to the songs was lost from the leaks because you have the mastering compression on the final versions which takes some of the volume dynamics out. It sounds more polished and smooth but in some places that hurts it. In other places it's great (I like this version of Shackler's better)

Axl is king of memorable melodies and there is no stopping him here. On the bad side, I will say the lyrics are not the strongest point in a few areas finding their lowest point on TIL which also suffers from a horrible vocal performance at the worst having rushed lines that sound out of place. I know others love the emotion of this song but I think it's the worst of the lot.

I think Ron added some dirt here and there that really changed the feel of the songs in a good way. Having said that, his solo edition on RATB is....not good.

I hope the next two albums come out a year from now and a year after that, leaving less time for last minute tinkering. Some things can be over-thought and start to get messy; CD walks that line finding it's self on either side of it at different points in it's journey.

Overall- An Amazing album that stands up to the best of old GNR and while very different from AFD (each has it's own place) it is a more solid effort than UYI (IMO)

Looking forward to getting the vinyl! (& cd)

Board footer