You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Next Wave Of Leaks

misterID wrote:

Are you more interested in them, or less since you've heard the album?

Right now, I'm way more interested in the leaks floating around out there. It'd be a shame if we didn't know what these songs sounded like before 06-07. A lot of songs I just can't stomache now were my favorites in demo form. I'm interested to see how the others sound in their pre-overproduction/Bumble/Frank phase. The 02-04 line up of this band was one of the greatest rock bands I've ever heard, and it would be a shame if that period of music was never heard or just drowned out in future re-recordings. I think there might be some real genius pieces out there... I just hope we hear them before they're buried alive in a studio somewhere.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm interested in anything, as long as it's not the final versions on the album.

I'm sure there's a warehouse full of demos and alternate takes, cutting room floor stuff, based solely off this album.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Im interested in songs I haven't heard, but I'll be more cautious about what I listen to since it might be out soon.

However, I've never had the "demo-flu" as I like to call it, when someone listens to demo records so bloody much they dont like the finished version. Same folks who would have whined about the same if they heard the finished product first and then the demos 3 years later

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

I'd love to hear more of the pre-Buckethead stuff, to see how it evolved after he joined.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think I'll be fine with CD as it is for a while, but I'm sure in early 09 those demos from 02 or 04 or 99 even will be something I'm super curious about.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I thought this was a thread about leaks of songs not on Chinese Democracy. I was super excited!

BOT: I'd be interested to hear Catcher as it sounded in 02-04. The rest are fine IMO.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I'm game for any and all demos. More interested in the album for at least the next 3 months but if it's out there I don't condone sharing. Especially if the song didn't make it to CD. (beefed up OMG or silkworms with new lyrics and guitar anyone?)

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Here we go again...:haha:

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

There is a similar topic over at the leaky board, and Ill use the same reply I did there.

The fact that hoarders finally know what the final product is, the more likely they are to hold on to what they got.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

A Buckethead era demo will be so fuck!"·$ fine

Board footer