You are not logged in. Please register or login.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

GNRBABY wrote:

OH MY GOD! GNR IS NOT IN THE TOP TEN! yikes 

what will we ever do? 17

now every bozo won't be jamming "Better" over and over again. GNR is gonna have to settle for a cult following, aww shucks tongue

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

ACTIVE ROCK:

8 GUNS N' ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY
    BLACK FROG/GEFFEN/INTERSCOPE

31 GUNS N' ROSES BETTER

- "Better" was one of the most added songs of the week yet again for active rock with 5 new stations reporting.

ROCK:

5 GUNS N' ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY

23  GUNS N' ROSES BETTER

- "Better" was also again one of the most added songs for the rock format as well, with 3 new stations reporting.

So basically its moving up the charts slowly and quietly. Interesting. While CD is one of my favorite tracks, considering how successful it was I wonder how well something different would have charted. The title track's success is mainly due to that initial push and the curiosity factor.

polluxlm wrote:

I think a collection of songs from the ex-members would make a decent album, but the main problem is the lack of highlights. The vocalists are boring and the arrangements stale. The last part is one of the things I cherish the most in GN'R and I think Axl honored it well by keeping things a bit fresh in terms of structure and sound.

Cure Me or Kill Me
Tijuana Jail
Believe in Me
Could It Be You
Punk Rock Song
Shuffle It All
How Will It Go
Beggars and Hangers On
Good to be Alive
Neither Can I
Slither
Fall to Pieces

That's a solid album that can certainly stand proud next to CD.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

With Axl on vocals, sure.:haha:

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Nothing the former members have done comes close in quality to CD.

VR is a big pile of turd, compared to new GN'R imo.

Having now heard CD in its entirety I disagree. I'd take Gilbys Pawnshop Guitars over Chinese D; and an array of Izzys discs.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

There apparently hasn't been much of a push to play Better on the radio from UMG as there was with CD. Better probably won't catch on without a video.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
mickronson wrote:

has anyone actually heard anything other than VR? you all keep mentioning VR as a reference to diss.. believe it or not, VR isnt the best theyve all done..
Gnr is still new remember.. sex with someone new is always nice.. it gets old like always tho

Yeah, I think 5 O'Clock is the best album by any GN'R-member post 1991. CD and Ain't Life Grand are tied.

LastHouse
 Rep: 0 

LastHouse wrote:

I'm not going to dwell on the sales too much, as long as it isn't the kiss of death for any possible future material. I mean, I like Billy Idol...but I'm not mortified that "Devil's Playground" didn't move as many units as "Rebel Yell."

With that said I don't think that CD should have had problems selling 500k first week if either the band or the exclusive retailer had shown any interest in promoting it. Maybe awareness was high enough, but that's not the same thing as hype. Metallica had the whole "back to basics" angle, while AC/DC had a groovy lead single and a poster above every Wal Mart underwear rack. CD had an underwhelming single that seemed to be chosen because of its name and...some soda pop name dropping.

Sky Dog wrote:

Still trying to come up with answers as to why.....here is the only reason. Axl Rose burned to many bridges with the entire industry from former bandmembers to fans, to record execs, to Dj's and beyond. Bad karma surrounded the project from the beginning...1994 on. The album had no other path but failure from a commercial standpoint. Let's hope the release got it out of his system.......:/

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy", will drop out of the Billboard Top 10 next week with second-week U.S. sales that are expected to fall below the 80,000 mark.

"Chinese Democracy" sold 261,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release (including a reported 25,000 downloads at iTunes on November 23 not counted towards the opening week) to debut at position No. 3 on The Billboard 200 chart — right behind TAYLOR SWIFT's "Fearless" at No. 2 (with 267,400 sold) and KANYE WEST's "808s & Heartbreak", which opens at No. 1 with sales of 450,000 and change.

According to Billboard.biz, "Chinese Democracy" topped the European Top 100 Albums chart this past week after making a series of notable debuts in European markets. That includes only one No. 1 debut, in Switzerland, but the album secures a second week at the helm in Finland and debuts at No.2 in the United Kingdom (on 119,000 sales) and Germany, No. 3 in Italy, Austria and Ireland, No. 4 in Holland, Sweden and Hungary and No. 9 in Portugal. The comeback release also climbs 5-2 in Norway and 26-10 in France.

Only singer Axl Rose remains in the current GUNS roster, having taken some 15 years to complete "Chinese Democracy" with a revolving cast of musicians.

As previously reported, "Chinese Democracy" looks set to drop out of the UK Top 5 this Sunday (December 6) based on the midweek figures released by Music Week. The CD debuted at No. 2 in the UK after failing to outsell "Day & Age", the latest album from Las Vegas rock group THE KILLERS.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=110347

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

^^^^

Ouch!

Board footer