Notice: We are currently in the process of upgrading our discography system. Please view the new Robin Finck discography which currently features 13 discs.
Re: Robin Finck
Robin Finck grew up in Marietta, Georgia and like most young teenagers played with several unsigned bands; in his case, primarily in the Atlanta area.
He joined Nine Inch Nails as part of their touring band in 1994-95 for their Self-Destruct and Further Down the Spiral tours. Finck appeared with Nine Inch Nails at Woodstock '94, and saw his first official release with them, the Closure video, come out in 1997. Once the tour was completed, he took a job playing for the circus troupe Cirque du Soleil in the original tour of Quidam.
In 1996 Robin was recruited by Guns N' Roses to work on their new album Chinese Democracy, signing a two-year contract. When the two years were up only one single had been released by GNR; Oh My God, featured on the End of Days Soundtrack.
Finck rejoined Nine Inch Nails as the band embarked on their Fragility v1.0 and Fragility v2.0 tours. These tours saw the release of another live album/DVD, And All That Could Have Been, Finck's second release with them.
Shortly after the tour ended in late 2000, he returned to Guns N' Roses and toured with them in Brazil, Asia, Europe and North America during 2001-2002. In the summer of 2006, Robin toured with Guns N' Roses throughout Europe playing in front of over 700,000 people. They finished up by touring North America for the remainder of the year. The following year, Guns N' Roses toured in Mexico, Australia and Japan.
As of April 4th 2008 Robin was announced to be rejoining Nine Inch Nails for touring purposes aswell as appearing on "The Slip". GNR responded to the news through GunsNRoses.com with the following:
Robin's plans caught everyone in Guns, as well as our fans, a bit off-guard.
Really [...] the best way for us to address things at this time: "Only Robin knows what Robin's doing."
Neither we nor management, etc., know any more in this regard and we prefer not to speculate or offer opinions at this time.
Robin's Robin. [...]
When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN [...]
On the 14th November 2008 Robin Fincks listing as a band member was removed from the Guns N Roses official myspace page. As of this date he is no longer considered to be a band member by GNR fans, though an official announcement has not been made.
Recent Robin Finck Discussions
- Robin Finck video interview
- Robin Finck has been recording with composer Bill Brown
- Robin Finck Cast in the New Twin Peaks
- Robin Finck's done a video game soundtrack.
- |Youtube| This I Love (So Alive Mix with Robin Finck)
- Robin Finck first substantial interview on how he got GNR gig
- Bring Back Robin Finck "Tank"
- Bring Back Robin Finck "Tank"
- Robin Finck Discussion
- Request: Robin Finck picture/screencap from Rock Am Ring, 2006
- For Russ - Robin Finck Signature Guitar from Schecter
- Robin Finck was very underrated by many gnr fans, DJ Ashba proves it
- Robin Finck - a neighbor story
- Axl can't make Videos without Robin Finck & Buckethead
- 2002 Robin Finck Intro (Tab Request)
- Robin Finck officially records new NIN album, released last night
- New NIN video featuring Robin Finck
- What IF Robin Finck has left GNR. Will you still follow GNR?
- mr robin finck