You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chickenfoot Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Sammy could of done ALOT better on those high notes, especially on the night they revealed the Giants 2010 World Series trophy.

He didn't really "go for it".

Come on dawg... you can't play it safe on the National Anthem. You gotta give it all the 'Axl' you got in you.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

SAMMY HAGAR's Alien Encounter Re-Enacted On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' - Apr. 20, 2011
Legendary rocker Sammy Hagar was interviewed on last night's (Tuesday, April 19) episode of ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" (which actually aired the morning of Wednesday, April 20). You can now watch video footage of his appearance in two parts below.
[youtube]y3Iwr3-YhyU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
[youtube]VDAEhS_aFWQ&feature=player_embedded#at=87[/youtube]

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

JOE SATRIANI Says New CHICKENFOOT Album Is 'Heavier And Better Than First One' - May 30, 2011
CHICKENFOOT, the rock supergroup featuring former VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar and bassist Michael Anthony, guitarist Joe Satriani and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith, returned to the studio earlier this month to resume work on its sophomore album, which is expected to arrive before the end of the year. According to Satriani, the new CD "is heavier and better than the first one." He adds, "I can't wait to get it out there!"

CHICKENFOOT's new album is tentatively due to be mixed in June. The CD's initial recording sessions were overseen by Mike Fraser, a Canadian producer, engineer and mixer who has previously worked with AC/DC, METALLICA and AEROSMITH. Songtitles set to appear on the album include "No Change", "Who's Next", "Astral Years" and "I Ain't Got You, I Got The Two By Blues".

Hagar revealed in March that CHICKENFOOT's second album will be titled Chickenfoot IV" (Four). He said, "It's the working title but I guarantee it'll stick." He added, "We were all like, 'What are we going to call the second record? Well, 'Chickenfoot II' (Two). And we're going, 'We can't call it 'Chickenfoot II', that's too obvious.' And pretty soon [drummer] Chad Smith, I'm sure was the guy, he's going, 'Let's call it 'Chickenfoot IV'. And we all cracked up and said, 'Right on, that's it.' And we haven't talked about it since."

CHICKENFOOT drummer Chad Smith recently confirmed that he won't tour with CHICKENFOOT this year in support of the band's second album due to scheduling conflicts with his main group, the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS.

CHICKENFOOT's self-titled debut disc came out in June 2009 and was certified gold for sales of more than 500,000 copies.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This album is now 49 cents at Best Buy. Deluxe Edition 99 cents.

chickenfoot.png

If they're selling them that cheap, they should just give them away free with any purchase.

Don't be shocked to see Chinese Democracy get this cheap in the near future.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This album is now 49 cents at Best Buy. Deluxe Edition 99 cents.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8192/chickenfoot.png

If they're selling them that cheap, they should just give them away free with any purchase.

Don't be shocked to see Chinese Democracy get this cheap in the near future.

I read last night that Chinese Democracy is no longer available on Best Buy's website.  Not sure why that is, as I'm certain they haven't sold through their entire stock.

James

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

I read last night that Chinese Democracy is no longer available on Best Buy's website.  Not sure why that is, as I'm certain they haven't sold through their entire stock.

WOW. Did Best Buy hate the album and deal they made so much that they're willing to torch their stockpiles? 16

Jesus.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow faldor's right... hmm... the Azoff thing gets resolved, and suddenly CD vanishes from BB's website.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I finally broke down and bought Chickenfoot's debut album. I actually went gusto for the Deluxe Edition.

Shipping is currently free, also, on BB's website.

Tax n' all, I just paid $1.06 on BB.com for the Deluxe Edition.

Now THAT'S how music should be priced!

James

James wrote:

Wow. That's cheaper than buying a used cd on Ebay. Actually, its cheaper than buying a cd at a yard sale or thrift store.

Will be interesting to see if Chickenfoot reenters the Billboard charts since it's practically free.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Looks like it's sold out online now, but it says my local store has it. 

I downloaded it from Amazon for something like $3 a long time ago, but for $1 I probably have to make a trip to pick up the deluxe version tomorrow.

Board footer