You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Ratt

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
RATT Singer Says Band 'Will Not Be Active In 2011, Maybe Longer' - Mar. 3, 2011
RATT singer Stephen Pearcy says that the band will remain inactive for the remainder of 2011 while he pursues other projects, including the release of a new solo album. Writing on his Twitter profile, Pearcy says, "RATT with me involved will not be active [in] 2011, maybe longer. No new record, tour, or life with me until things are back on track! Until then, M.I.A.

"RATT is in a trap, this rat is ready to roll! This should be the victory lap, but not for some. For me, strictly business!"

In addition to his solo work, Pearcy is focusing on running his record label, Top Fuel Records, as well as launching BATTERING RAMM, a group in which he plays guitar and whose music he has described as "way more aggressive than anything I've done in the past."

Pearcy recently recorded a new version of RATT's '80s hit "Wanted Man" for "Big John's Rock N Lock", the new show featuring world-famous rock and roll bodyguard "Big" John Murray, celebrity reality star of VH1's "Rock Of Love".

RATT drummer Bobby Blotzer last week posted a message on his Facebook page in which he stated about the group's future plans, "As of this moment, some members of the band have chosen to decide that they will choose whether or not we, RATT, tour. What I'm personally trying to do 24/7 is get the decision made so we can start to schedule tour dates, perhaps make another new album, and get back out on the road keeping RATT alive. RATT, for me, always comes first. Even with my entrepreneurial aspirations, it's RATT, baby!"

"Infestation", the first studio record in 11 years from RATT, sold around 14,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 30 on the Billboard 200 chart. The CD was released on April 20 via Loud & Proud.

"Infestation" was produced by Michael "Elvis" Baskette (CHEVELLE, ALTER BRIDGE) at his Virginia studio, marking the first time the band has recorded outside of Los Angeles. The album is full of attitude and of reflection, cycling through a range of emotions. There are party anthems that RATT are known for alongside more contemplative, thoughtful tunes.
pearcytweet1.jpg
pearcytweet2.jpg
ratt2010.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's frankly a shame. Infestation was a return to form for the band, and they could've rolled it into a sustainable comeback of sorts, at least in the metal/rock circles. They seem to have at least the same kind of following of a Whitesnake today, but maybe not as big as a Poison.

Plus Ratt really were the originators of that glam sound in the 80's, and Pearcy is still a very unique, distinctive voice.

They need to just take the break, Stephen & Bobby cool off, and just get back together later in the year or 2012.

Stephen's voice is very distinctive. Stephen can tour solo performing Ratt songs, and it feel the same. Ratt CANNOT tour without him, and it be the same. They've tried it before, and it was a joke.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I really felt their new album was very underappreciated, here's the opener Eat Me Up Alive...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/dave-grohl- … dium=email
Dave Grohl To Team Up With Members of Ratt

by Tim Cashmere on January 6, 2012

Foo Fighters leader Dave Grohl has teamed up with members of 80s metal band Ratt for a new project.

The project will feature Dave Grohl together with Ratt’s Stephen Pearcy (vocals) and Warren DeMartini (guitar) and was revealed by Pearcy on his twitter account, however it appears that he has deleted a post from his official facebook page.

While we’re on the subject, 80s metal fans will be excited to know that Ratt are working on an album of their own. “Going to demo a couple song ideas for the RATT record next week. Amazing, amazing,” the singer said on Twitter.

Ratt formed in 1976 but their main success came in the mid-80s with a string of platinum albums including Out of the Cellar, Invasion of Your Privacy and Dancing Undercover. Guitarist Robbin Crosby died in 2002, although it is unclear if that was a result of his heroin addiction or being HIV positive. It is unclear who will be in the band when they reform.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Are you fucking shitting me? Dave Grohl come from a band that represented everything that scene wasn't about (even though Ratt were really originals in the glam scene), and now Grohl is recording with Slash & Duff, and now Ratt?

That's just a total mindfuck to me.

The best news is that Ratt is getting back to work on another record. Infestation was pretty good (won't say great), but there were a handful of fantastic tracks, and a handful of rubbish.

Pretty much a typical Ratt record after Out of the Cellar.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Dave Grohl is the current bearer of the rock n roll torch. He's the "last" true rock god. I'm pretty sure that to get him to play drums for you, you first need to beat him at every other instrument, after which he will concede. Lose, and he will take over your band and play whatever the fuck he wants. Look for Pearcy on backing vox and DeMartini on maracas in the newly reformed Ratt, featuring Grohl on everything else. smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'd pay huge money to see Grohl belting out Nobody Rides For Free

Lomax wrote:

I dunno downloaded it and just didn't get it at all (the last Ratt album)

Board footer