You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Aerosmith Discussion

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter

AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler's new autobiography, "Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?", is scheduled for release on May 3 as a 400-page hardcover.

"Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" is the rock memoir to end all rock memoirs — the straight-up, no-holds-barred life of Grammy Award-winning, Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame incductee, and all-around superstar legend Steven Tyler, lead singer of AEROSMITH (and celebrity judge on "American Idol"). This is it — "the unbridled truth, the in-your-face, up-close and prodigious tale of Steven Tyler straight from the horse's lips" — as Tyler tells all, from the early years through the glory days, "All the unexpurgated, brain-jangling tales of debauchery, sex and drugs and transcendence you will ever want to hear."
tylerbook.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester

jamester wrote:

AEROSMITH To Release 'Tough Love: Best Of The Ballads' In May - Mar. 30, 2011
AEROSMITH will release "Tough Love: Best Of The Ballads" on May 10 via Geffen Records.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. Angel
02. Amazing
03. Love In An Elevator
04. Cryin'
05. What It Takes
06. Rag Doll
07. Crazy
08. Deuces Are Wild
09. Livin' On The Edge
10. Blind Man
11. Janie's Got A Gun
12. Dream On

The Hollywood Reporter reported in early February that sales of AEROSMITH's greatest-hits collections had increased more than 250 percent as a result of Steven Tyler's appearance on "American Idol" as a judge for the show's tenth season. The band's 1994 compilation "Big Ones", saw increased sales of 260 percent after the show's January 19 premiere. Meanwhile, 2004's "Devil's Got a New Disguise: The Very Best of Aerosmith", got a 146 percent boost after week 2 of "Idol". Two more greatest-hits collections registered surges of 137 percent and 147 percent. Likewise, AEROSMITH's "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" single was downloaded 34,000 times for the week ending January 30, an increase of 363 percent. The band's 1973 hit "Dream On" saw 26,000 downloads, which represented a 318 percent spike over the week before.
aeroballads.jpg
AEROSMITH bassist Tom Hamilton recently told the Boston Herald that Tyler believes he has the time and energy to continue fronting the band while also being a judge on "American Idol". Hamilton explained, "Steven's been very emphatic in saying that the way his time is arranged on the show leaves room to work on a record. He's been taking great pains to remind everybody of that, so hopefully that's the way it will come out."

Hamilton said he'd never watched "American Idol" and that the band found out about Tyler's involvement from its management. Guitarist Joe Perry voiced his displeasure in public, calling the program "one step above ('Teenage Mutant') 'Ninja Turtles'."
teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_world_4_players.png

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Best of the ballads, and Don't Want To Miss A Thing isn't on there...

WTF?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

At least Rag Doll and LIAE made it. Whut?

jamester

jamester wrote:

AEROSMITH Bassist Is 'Bursting At The Seams' To Make New Studio Album - Mar. 31, 2011

"I am bursting at the seams to [make a new album] and have been for a long time," Hamilton said. "Everybody's head is into it, and once Steven is done with his TV gig, we get to work and damned if we don't have a finished record by the end of September."

Regarding the reports that AEROSMITH will make an appearance on "American Idol" sometime this season, Hamilton said, "In my mind, so many things would have to be right before that would be attractive to me. We would have to do something to bring the rock. Not middle-of-the-road stuff. . . I want whatever we do to be rock. That means a lot to me."

Read more from BostonHerald.com.

jamester

jamester wrote:

STEVEN TYLER Performs With CARRIE UNDERWOOD At 'Academy Of Country Music' (Video) - Apr. 4, 2011
AEROSMITH's Steven Tyler and Carrie Underwood performed Underwood's hit "Undo It" and the AEROSMITH classic "Walk This Way" at the 45th annual Academy Of Country Music awards show, which was held last night (Sunday, April 3) in Las Vegas. According to the Fox411 blog, in the middle of their duet, during the "gimme little kiss, like this" verse, Tyler moved in to plant one on the former "American Idol"/current country superstar.

Check out video footage of the performance below.

Carrie Underwood and Steven Tyler live - Undo it / Walk This Way - Full version

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Normally I like Carrie Underwood, but that performance was fucking awful, despite all the praise it's been getting.

Her GN'R covers are ALOT better.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Steven Tyler is awesome in that. He blew Carrie out of the water with her own song. Tyler's voice really is aging like a fine wine imo.

Board footer