You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Halestorm

metallex78 wrote:

Just discovered this band thanks to finding this Guns N' Roses cover on youtube

I have never heard of Halestorm before, but I just checked quite a few live videos of theirs, and wow, I'm pretty impressed.
They definitely kick more ass live than on their studio recordings, gonna have try and track down their CD here in Australia

Love their version of Skid Row's Slave To The Grind too (not the best quality).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlDC7dsn58Q

And I may just happen to be in love with their singer...:love:

HS_IMG_0138-vi.jpg

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

They play a great cover of Lady Gaga too!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I loved their song "I Get Off" from the first time I heard it.  Only song I really know from them though.  She's got a set of pipes on her.  Pretty interesting subject material for a song too.  I had never seen the lead singer though, I was hoping she was hot.  That'll do.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I'm sorry, this band is generic shit rock.  I had the "pleasure" of seeing them live.  They were terrible.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The front"girl" is mega-hot, and although it's not terrible...

I liked it better when Lita Ford did it. jmho

I can only take so much of those cliche metal chick singers.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

From what I've found searching youtube, they are much better and much heavier live, than their studio recordings suggest.

I don't think they've captured their live essence on a studio recording yet. Even their singer displays much more capability in a live setting than what they've released so far.

One of the new songs Love Bites (So Do I) they're playing live, already shows promise. It reminds me of their cover of Skid Row's Slave To The Grind.

I definitely think they've got some potential if they steer away from the sappy stuff and focus more on the heavy rock.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

It's not the sappy stuff, it's her voice.

It's a walking cliche. No one is gonna take them seriously with a frontwoman doing a 'campy' singing voice.

She might as well bust out with "We're Not Gonna Take It"

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

She reminds me of a cross between Lita Ford and Paul Stanley

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Hmmm... maybe I need to listen to more of their music, but I don't find her singing camp at all, she's just doing the rock front-woman thing.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but it's SOOO 1980s the way she's doing it. It's not bad, it's just stuck in it's time period.

Amy Lee... that's a woman who sings rock songs, without camp.

Board footer