You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: May 21st, 2011 - Judgment Day

Axlin16 wrote:

Christian Radio Network guarantees May 21st, 2011 will be Judgment Day
by USA Today

A California-based Christian radio network is using the Internet, thousands of billboards and even RV caravans to warn of overwhelming evidence that Judgment Day will arrive May 21.

The message is being spread by Family Stations, a 53-year-old non-profit, non-commercial, Christian radio network with 66 outlets. The billboards -- 1,200 in the USA and 2,000 worldwide -- do not mince words, promising in splashy colors: "The Bible guarantees it!"

The prediction says the world will be rocked by great earthquakes beginning at 6 p.m. ET and continue through Oct. 21. Believers will be called to the heavens.

Watch the The Newark Star-Ledger's  interview with a businessman who is a believer but has had a hard time convincing his wife of 45 years.

The Orlando Sentinel reports that Family Radio has sponsored five caravans of followers who have traveled the country since October passing out leaflets about the big day.

Here are some key excerpts from the FAQ portion of the network's press packet:

What signs precede the Day of Judgment?

Jesus warned of several spiritual signs, such as the complete degradation of the Christian church, the devastating moral breakdown of society, the re-establishment of National Israel in 1948, the emergence of the 'Gay Pride Movement', and the complete disregard of the Bible in all of society today as direct evidence of His return.

What if May 21 ends and nothing occurs?

The biblical evidence is too overwhelming and specific to be wrong. Christ's people can look with great confidence to this date because God promises His "beloved" He will not come upon them as a thief in the night.
God in His mercy has revealed the vital information needed to know the day. Judgment Day on May 21, 2011, will occur because the Bible declares it. Anyone whom God has not saved will arrive at that day with no hope for salvation. God warns simply the "door will be shut."

As to what qualifies Harold Camping, 89, the network's president and general manager, to make such a huge pronouncement, Family Radio notes he "has been a tireless student of the Bible for over five decades. The tens of thousands of hours he has spent analyzing the Bible has given him a unique perspective of the entirety of Scripture."

The Sentinel reports that Camping, who has a degree in civil engineering, and his followers cite Genesis, which says the flood began on the "17th day of the second month," as key to predicting the approaching Judgment Day. Camping says that translates into May 21, according to his interpretation of the Jewish calendar.

The newspaper notes that about 17 years ago, Camping warned of an apocalypse taking place Sept. 6, 1994. He says he had not completed his biblical research at the time

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The Bible declares it...

Yeah I remember the Bible declaring that only GOD would know the day and hour.

Stuff like this is WHY the Christian church has become a living joke.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Yeah, maybe YOUR Bible does, but... LOOK A TIGER!!!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

http://bible.cc/matthew/24-36.htm

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm going to make sure I eat my Reester Bunny before then just in case.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Jesus warned of several spiritual signs, such as the complete degradation of the Christian church, the devastating moral breakdown of society, the re-establishment of National Israel in 1948, the emergence of the 'Gay Pride Movement', and the complete disregard of the Bible in all of society today as direct evidence of His return.

jesus warned of the emergence of the "gay pride movement"? why is the church so bent out of shape about it then....anyway that started in like the 70's or something .... and the israel 1948 thing... i can totally see that 2 things 20 years apart and not even related to each other in any shape or form could fortell certain doom 40-60 years after the fact...makes perfect sense

the guy is a civil engineer so yeah who am i to question those credentials ... obviously designing parking lots and sewers is akin to bible research

sept 6, 1994 and May 21, 2011 ... an honest misjudgement

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

If the world ends on May 21, by my understanding that gives Axl 5 months to get out CDII.  I would hang out for that on the off-chance...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

jesus warned of the emergence of the "gay pride movement"? why is the church so bent out of shape about it then....anyway that started in like the 70's or something .... and the israel 1948 thing... i can totally see that 2 things 20 years apart and not even related to each other in any shape or form could fortell certain doom 40-60 years after the fact...makes perfect sense

the guy is a civil engineer so yeah who am i to question those credentials ... obviously designing parking lots and sewers is akin to bible research

sept 6, 1994 and May 21, 2011 ... an honest misjudgement

Exactly. When I checked out the article, I was interested to see what facts the guy would bring to the table to say why he believed what he believed.

But like a typical, boring, cliche thumper, he cites Gays. Considering the fact homosexuality has been going on since the Romans (back in Jesus days), I don't think the end of times is going to be in a couple weeks.

Talk about a friggin' tune that has been beat into the ground... roll

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

http://bible.cc/matthew/24-36.htm

Basically sums it up. Not all the signs have come true anyway. And I know this and don't even attend church.

Board footer