You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 10 Greatest Horror Films of all Time elimination- Round 6

James wrote:

Elm Street has been eliminated.

I still have to vote for The Exorcist. Highly overrated and not nearly as influential as the media lets on.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I have to go with the Exorcist as well solely based on the quality and influence possessed by the three other films on this list.

AtariLegend wrote:

Halloween simply for the fact that, if no sequels were made, it wouldn't be a horror film.

Unlike say for instance "The Exorcist", did I ever feel scared, as a child or adult....?

When "The Exorcist" was released there were actually people who had heartattacks in the cinema, I think that says something about it compared to the others.

I think James is just upset because "The Exorcist" had that awesome theme music 5 years before "Halloween".

James

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I think James is just upset because "The Exorcist" had that awesome theme music 5 years before "Halloween".

Neither film deserves to be on the list at this point, but I can only vote off one at a time.

Hell, F13 part II is scarier than both of them, and it didn't even make it to the elimination.

I had to go with TCM - Sorry James sad

As Atari said, if I had to go with something that scared the bejesus out of me, The Exorcist did exactly that.   For it's time the make up was phenominal, Dick Smith was the master of this film, his make up was key to the absolute horror this movie envoked with people.   The way it was filmed definitely had you on complete edge the first time seeing it.

Halloween and This if this makes it is gonna be a tough call for me sad

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

tcm

i understand what they wher trying to do, but the frantic camera work made the film nearly unwatchable for me shining and exorcist are 2 of the movies that freak me out the most

halloween is cool but to me it was more of a franchise movie than the other 2 films

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Halloween.

All other films on this list were much better.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Halloween.  I just found the other 3 scarier.

James

James wrote:

We need two more votes for Halloween.......

Board footer