You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: ADLER'S APPETITE has inked a "massive deal"

Axlin16 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

'massive deal' for these guys is probably free use of a van, a dimebag and some root beers after the show.

LMAO

Post of the year

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I know it's just weird ain't it? I one time was real close to a Dizzy Reed show, and just didn't give a shit.

It's like, I like the guys, and I respect them, but they just weren't the guys that make Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Fuckin' Roses, old or new. Yeah, I know Diz had some writing credits on CD, but it's like - meh.

It's like we hand-select who we root for. Like i'm sure you Russ, would bust ass to go down the road to see Robin Finck. Me, I wouldn't give a crap.

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Bucket, Tommy - those guys mean something to me dearly.

But I feel like a total non-Guns fan for not totally supporting every single one of these guys. Like blowing off Popcorn, seems real lame ass to me, yet I wouldn't go see him either.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just found out he's playing two Cali shows in July(SF and Gilroy). If I wasn't juggling Bucket and Soundgarden shows in the same time frame, I'd seriously consider going to one of those AA shows, mainly for the chance to meet the guy. If he schedules any shows in northern Cali later in the year, gonna go check it out.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

STEVEN ADLER: 'GUNS N' ROSES Owes It To The Fans To Do A Reunion Tour' - June 3, 2011
During a recent interview on the "Matt Kissane Show", ADLER'S APPETITE members Steven Adler (also ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Chip Z'Nuff (also of ENUFF Z'NUFF) were asked about the possibility of a reunion of GUNS N' ROSES' classic lineup.

"I always say, as long as the five of us are alive, it could happen, but now I'm gonna turn that around and say, as long as God is alive, I think it will happen," Adler replied. He continued, "And the most important thing is GN'R owes it to the fans to do a reunion tour."

Added Chip: "Steven still has a great relationship with all the guys in [GUNS N' ROSES]. Everybody's working and so they've all got their chops up. Axl's [Rose] doing his thing, Duff's [McKagan] got LOADED, they're doing great on tour, his record's doing well, Slash is out on tour, Izzy's [Stradlin] hidden somewhere in Indiana recording another record. Everybody's healthy. Anything could happen. Right now our focus is ADLER'S APPETITE and getting these songs out there and reaching the people. The people aren't gonna go away. GUNS N' ROSES is one of the biggest bands ever. Their records sold over a 100 million units; no one sells records like that anymore. The fans are gonna be out there waiting. And they owe it to the fans to get back together again. I'm not in GUNS N' ROSES, I'm not gonna speak for them except to say they make great music and I'd like to see them out there again, too."

In a recent interview with The Jewish Chronicle, Adler stated about his former band, "Why do you think we were so successful? Because it was the five of us. We had something special. We had a bond. No matter how much bullshit there's been all these years, there's one thing that Axl [Rose] and his lawyers can never take away, and that's that we were five brothers who achieved the goals we had since before we were teenagers. And what do brothers do best? They fight with each other! I don't hate them now. My wounds are healed. It's a shame that Axl and Slash won't talk. Every day they don't talk is a day that magic isn't being created. Even if we just did one tour, one record, one song together, the gods want to hear it."

Regarding why he thinks a reunion of GUNS N' ROSES' classic lineup should happen, he said, "There's all the love I receive around the world. I have heard 'Appetite For Destruction' is the soundtrack to my life' in so many languages. And there's the money we could make. The whole thing could make billions of dollars. All we have to do is get on stage with each other for 90 minutes. And I want to finish what I started. Thank God for putting these jackasses in my life."

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

"It's a shame that Axl and Slash won't talk. Every day they don't talk is a day that magic isn't being created. Even if we just did one tour, one record, one song together, the gods want to hear it." - Steven Adler

The truest, most honest statement by any member of Guns N' Roses past, present or future.

Amen Popcorn

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

STEVEN ADLER: 'AXL ROSE Is Doing Solo Stuff And Calling It GUNS N' ROSES' - June 19, 2011

Jay Nanda of the San Antonio Metal Music Examiner recently conducted an interview with original GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER'S APPETITE drummer Steven Adler. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

San Antonio Metal Music Examiner: Forming ADLER'S APPETITE has allowed you to lead your own band, carry on the GN'R legacy and form original songs with other established musicians. Do you feel the band encompasses the best of all worlds right now for you?

Adler: Well, you know what, Jay, it's really great being in a band where the guys are all on the same page with each other. We have the three singles, and we play them in between in the set. Every night, there's more and more people singing the words. And a lot of people that don't know the "Appetite For Destruction" [GUNS N' ROSES' classic debut] music keep saying, "What GN'R song is that?" We're doing very powerful GUNS N' ROSES songs, and then we do those songs, too.

San Antonio Metal Music Examiner: You were just announced to be on another season of "Celebrity Rehab". How much has Dr. Drew and the show helped you get to where you want to be in this battle?

Adler: Dr. Drew and Bob Forrest are amazing and wonderful people. Everybody they have on the show, they give an opportunity to get their lives together and have a second chance at life and their careers. I realized that the first time I worked with Dr. Drew. I wanted to change my life, and I want to be happy and have my life move forward. I was at a stagnant stage, you could say, where nothing was happening. I went in again for a tune-up on a maintenance program, and I started drinking Jägermeister. I made a 170-degree turn in my life in 2008 when I started working with Dr. Drew. And now, working with Dr. Drew this most recent time, I feel I made the full 180. My life is moving forward. A lot of my musician friends, they're not even working this summer. So I'm ecstatic to be doing this and going out on the road and coming to Texas.

San Antonio Metal Music Examiner: ADLER'S APPETITE has released three songs in the past year. When can we expect the completed album?

Adler: I can't say who we're going into the studio with or the record label, but right after this tour is over, we're going to have a big press conference. I'm really excited about this. I finally get this opportunity to show my music for the people. Axl's [Rose] doing solo stuff and calling it GUNS N' ROSES, Slash and Izzy and Duff are doing their stuff. I'm finally at a place in my life where I can make a record of my own.

San Antonio Metal Music Examiner: You've been the most outspoken member of GUNS N' ROSES in favor of a reunion. Will it ever happen?

Adler: I believe in my heart, as long as the five of us are alive, it is possible to do it. We owe it to the fans. It's been 23 years, and the fans are still supportive of us. We have to do it, not just for us. For me personally, I just want to finish what I started with those goofballs. We've all had wonderful careers because of "Appetite For Destruction".

Read the entire interview from San Antonio Metal Music Examiner.
http://www.examiner.com/metal-music-in- … an-antonio

adlerrehab.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Good to see Steve out there doing his own solo project based on originals...much better than shut in a room getting high....best wishes to him. I'll pick up his album when it's out.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You know, there was a time that I would've said - "Steven is burying himself for a reunion", running his mouth off like that, but honestly.... what has he said that isn't true? AND, if a reunion is 'impossible', then who cares if he runs his mouth?

The guy might have a rough past, but I gotta give him credit for being the only original member (including Axl) that doesn't mince words, and goes right to the steak n' potatoes at the core of the problem. No BS. Izzy doesn't talk, Duff is the middle man, Slash is the "cheerleader" of the group 'all flash, total bitch in reality', and Axl is still the bitter scorned girlfriend.

Steven is the hardcore drug addict, but yet the most straight-forward of the bunch these days.

Go figure

Board footer