You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: ADLER'S APPETITE has inked a "massive deal"

jamester wrote:

ADLER'S APPETITE: New Video Interview With STEVEN ADLER, CHIP Z'NUFF - May 22, 2011
Rock Talk Webzine conducted an interview with ADLER'S APPETITE members Steven Adler (drums; formerly of GUNS N' ROSES) and Chip Z'Nuff (bass; also of ENUFF Z'NUFF) on May 19, 2011 at the Vogue Theatre in Indianapolis, Indiana. You can now watch the chat below.
adlers2011.jpg
Chip Z'Nuff told Gerry Gittelson of Patch in a new interview that ADLER'S APPETITE has inked a "massive deal" with an as-yet-undisclosed record company. "We just signed a new deal with this label — I can't mention the label's name right now, but it's a massive deal," Chip said. "Especially for me, being [that] in the early days of ENUFF'ZNUFF we signed with Atco/Atlantic, and then Clive Davis signed us over at Arista, we worked our way through Spitfire and Mayhem and all the different labels, even released a couple of records on Sony."

ADLER'S APPETITE kicked off its U.S. headlining tour on May 5 at Brixton in Redondo Beach, and Patch was there to capture all the action. The seven-minute clip can now be viewed below (filmed by Craig Clough).

ADLER'S APPETITE has officially recruited singer Patrick Stone (ACES 'N' EIGHTS) and guitarist Lonnie Paul following the recent departures of Rick Stitch and Alex Grossi.

Stitch announced in March that he was leaving ADLER'S APPETITE in order to concentrate on his Los Angeles-based original project LADYJACK.

Stitch's LADYJACK bandmate Robo (guitar), who was filling in for ADLER'S APPETITE guitarist Alex Grossi on the latter group's most recent European tour, will not be continuing with Adler's outfit.

Grossi recently left ADLER'S APPETITE in order to focus on his work with the resurrected QUIET RIOT.

Interview:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=158446
Performance (May 5 at Brixton in Redondo Beach, California):
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=158446

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Roadrunner maybe?

Good news from my perspective....I enjoy a bit of Adler's Appetite...and I've always thought then focusing on originals is better than just busting out AFD covers.

(I know someone will say that about Axl too - but at least he's got the voice - and slash has the guitar sound - just the drums as the original part is a tough sell)

I enjoyed some of their stuff over the years. Will pick up a new album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I highly doubt Roadrunner signed them.

I'm guessing Cleopatra or Frontiers Records.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

STEVEN ADLER's Press Conference Rescheduled For July - May 23, 2011
Steven Adler's (ADLER'S APPETITE, GUNS N' ROSES) previously announced press conference and book signing, which was supposed to take place on May 17 at Hollywood Soundcheck in Hollywood, California, has been pushed back to July 16, the day of ADLER'S APPETITE's performance at the Key Club on Sunset Boulevard. Adler is expected to announce details of "a big television show and major record deal" for ADLER'S APPETITE.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Heh. I wish him luck, but the first thing that popped in my head when I read "major deal" was "all you can eat buffet vouchers."

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I guess it's massive relative to what other offers are on the table recently I guess....like steve's been doing drum clinics the past year or so..which were awesome for fans like me...but probably don't get the album on track.....so like if someone was to make a doco about his life post GNR and the new album recording process or something like that then it's a pretty big deal for him.

I'm happy to see him writing orginals and back on track anyway.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm wondering if 'massive deal' means that Eddie Trunk (who seems to be close to Steven & Chip Z'Nuff) used his pull with VH1 Classic to get Adler's Appetite some sort of short-run (like 6 episodes or something) series that chronicles Steven's rise to fame, decline and hard life, and comeback to being in Adler's Appetite, similar to that Anvil doc that VH1 also done awhile back.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

'massive deal' for these guys is probably free use of a van, a dimebag and some root beers after the show.

The business does not do 'massive deals' anymore; especially not for a bunch of bombed-out old rockers who look like they were found sortin' DVDs in the back of Tower records and dragged outside to pose for these pictures.

Much as I love a bit of old school RnR, I do not doubt how feeble a sell this band really is.

Board footer