You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: A drug addict's wet dream

James wrote:

cocainedrops.jpg

cocawine.jpg

heroin2.jpg

opium.jpg

morphinesyrup2.jpg

quaalude2.jpg

asthmacigarettes.jpg

chloroform.jpg

cosadein.gif

cocacola2.jpg

biphetamine.jpg

painannihilator.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You know it's still kind of hard to believe that only a hundred years ago (doesn't really seem like that long ago, I had great grandparents that old) that you could get heroin or opium from your doctor, and Coca-Cola was the most delicious cocaine mixed with a drink you've ever had.

It's kind of mind-blowing how many years we've been in-doctrinated with the whole anti-drug shit.

We also talk about 'Oxycontin' like it's some new thing, but it was actually synthesized in Germany in 1912 as a substitute for Heroin when it was criminalized.

Anna
 Rep: 8 

Anna wrote:

Asthma cigarettes? I know they used to drugs in the old day as a way to cure different things but I never seen some of these before! How interesting smile

Somebody I know would have a field day if these were still available today 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I think I know that guy too Anna. wink

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Anna wrote:

Asthma cigarettes? I know they used to drugs in the old day as a way to cure different things but I never seen some of these before! How interesting smile

Somebody I know would have a field day if these were still available today 16

Years ago Doctors would recommend cigarettes in ads (shown before movies) for your health. lol

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Great stuff Lofton, loved these vintage ads.

TIme for a blast from the past to fix the economical woes!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

_46680453_carbolicsmokeballadgetty.jpg

Yeah they used to believe smoking things cleaned out the lungs and cured various illnesses. Makes you wonder if some of our current gadgets or remedies will be illegal one day.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

We also talk about 'Oxycontin' like it's some new thing, but it was actually synthesized in Germany in 1912 as a substitute for Heroin when it was criminalized.

Not trying to drift off topic and start a Nazi debate, but the Germans were cutting edge during the early-mid 1900's. Had they not been so fucking evil, they would have eventually got out off their economic catastrophe and been a MAJOR power on the world stage.

I've always wondered if Hitler and other influential people in the Nazi regime had major regrets once the end was near.

Yeah I was salivating over these ads. My grandma remembers some of this stuff.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah if Hitler hadn't had such a God-complex, forget Russia, they would've been the mega power in the East.

russtcb wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4 … dgetty.jpg

Yeah they used to believe smoking things cleaned out the lungs and cured various illnesses. Makes you wonder if some of our current gadgets or remedies will be illegal one day.

That always crosses my mind when I read stuff like this.

I think highly processed foods will eventually go that route. One day, when all of us are either very old men, or in Lofton's case - dead, we'll look back at McD's and remember when it wasn't 'illegal'.

Board footer