You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Ok, you're Slash & VRs new manager, what would you do?

metallex78 wrote:

I think they chose the wrong direction to follow up Contraband with. If they went further on the style of songs like Superhuman, Illegal Eye, and Slither, heavy modern rock, they still have potential with Scott

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

No Scott, thank you. You've done enough damage with limiting the band's music. Time to turn a page.

So far he's the only one that's been able to get music out of the band released.  Not sure I would categorize that as doing damage.  I'd be much more interested in a VR reunion than what we've gotten since he left the band.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm Slash's manager...

Suck Axl Rose's cock as good as you possibly can to get back into GN'R. Everything else pails in comparison.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Lock Slash in a room with this:

on a constant loop, until he understands that it is better than this:

IN EVERY FUCKING RESPECT.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Corey Taylor is so fucking boring in that clip. from his  vocals to his stage presence. brutal.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I would propose a new type of band model where the backing band would always be Slash/Duff/Izzy/Matt

That's not going to work. If it did, it would have worked in 2003 when that was the lineup of "The Project" before it turned into VR.

While VR had a couple killer singles, that "GNR minus Axl" lineup blew it big time in the early stages. It should have been hyped up more than it was. The infamous "best GNR album yet" that they recorded was only discussed on the forums and wasn't pushed in mainstream media outlets. It didn't really take off until Weiland was on board and by that time Izzy was gone and that GNR album's fate was to rot in someones vault. It was doomed from the start. When you have Izzy involved, you cant just sit there waiting for something to happen because he's going to bail.

If Slash/Duff/Izzy/Matt attempted something now, it wouldn't have the same impact. Like Axl, they're too old to really start anything new, at least as far as mainstream success goes.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

...unless they do it as Guns N' Roses

They all know that's the only backpocket move they have left. They still have a chance to be relevant, but it draws more shut with every passing day as the model of the music industry continues to change.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Myles Kennedy is, kinda generic?!   To me they could get him or Daughtry & I wouldn't care any less.  Personally I'd like AnthonY Kiedis or Chris Robinson. And Kiedis is still working with the Chili Peppa's, so bring in Chris. Although I think it'd be best if Izzy rejoined & sang.

Wish Layne Staley was still alive. As for VR, I think Libertad was shitty & too polished & overproduced. It needed to be more raw, Messages should have been a single & the first single sucked. It couldn't recover.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Chris Robinson would be sick.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Myles Kennedy is, kinda generic?!   To me they could get him or Daughtry & I wouldn't care any less.  Personally I'd like AnthonY Kiedis or Chris Robinson. And Kiedis is still working with the Chili Peppa's, so bring in Chris. Although I think it'd be best if Izzy rejoined & sang.

Wish Layne Staley was still alive. As for VR, I think Libertad was shitty & too polished & overproduced. It needed to be more raw, Messages should have been a single & the first single sucked. It couldn't recover.

I've always said I would much rather have an Izzy/Duff-fronted VR, than what we got. It would've been more GN'R, but less mainstream.

As for Kennedy.... let's put it this way....

Scott Stapp is a better choice for Slash than Kennedy. You can make from that what you want.

Board footer