You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: World we see is make-believe, top British scientist says

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Makes sense to me. I've often thought similar, but couldn't put it into context like that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

So what the hell is reality?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think he's partly right, as our brain is trying to run in a 'stand-by' mode - what we'd seen a lot of times, is just regenerated in our mind and we don't really see it (the brain doesn't bother to analyze the information coming from the eyes for the thousand times). You know, it's like looking at your room or house, after you've just arrived from a 2-week holiday. It's not so familiar, you almost see it as a stranger or guest who comes to your house for the first time. You notice the little things for a few hours.

And this is the weak point of that scientist's theory: there is a time when the mind is sensitive again to the well-known picture, and the mind is always sensitive when the surroundings are unknown or not that familiar. They should also check that what kind of change you miss or pick out in your everyday life.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

How is this news? Everyone knows this I would have thought

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The "everything in the universe is a hologram" theory continues to gain traction and in my opinion will eventually be proven.

Like that guy told Tony on The Sopranos, "everything we see is simply shapes in our own consciousness. Nothing is actually real."

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

^ that guy was trying to prove it by using the time delay between sending and receiving a light photon...his theory was, using this machine, if there is any delay, however small, then it kind of proved this is all a hologram.  I have not heard anything since about it...

Board footer