You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Pigeons of Shit Metal Talk Axl Rose

Neemo wrote:

wow...sounds like it was a crazy thing to be involved in

i guess tommy and bumble must've vouched for them so no wonder it went over like a fart in an elevator when axl ousted them...think if tommy wouldve bailed that wouldve been the end of it all hmm

that dude is weird though

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
smoke wrote:

I say this as  monstrous GNR fan, but Josh Homme is one of the best things in music today, no matter how under recognized he might be. People like him and Dave Grohl and all the desert/stoner rockers out there are quietly keeping rock alive.

Now, the Pigeons of Shit Metal are OK. Josh is really only involved with them in a very minor way to my understanding.  But John is one of those guys who is involved with EVERYTHING- he's all over the place. Totally off topic, but I've never understood why there hasn't been more love for Them Crooked Vultures. It's one of my favorite albums of the last ten years easily.

And before getting too excited, I don't think EoDM go around talking about Axl at every chance they get. But Axl in all likelihood DID treat them like shit, so whatever/whenever they DID say something, it was probably warranted.

The Baz cheap shots are unforgivable though. smile

From my understanding, which I haven't had a chance to see the video above - Axl never met them or had anything to do with them. Tommy recommended them to Axl, so he threw them on the tour.

GN'R FANS started giving them TONS of shit. Booing everything they did, and they just DID NOT go over with GN'R fans. Then Pigeons started giving the fans shit for booing and I think even made fun of them for being Guns fans.

Basically they got booed off stage and stopped playing, and that was the final straw.

Axl found out about then came out and smoothed everything over with the Pigeons comment. I think he was totally unaware of their music, and basically looked at Tommy. Tommy later came out and said it was on him, because he recommended them and Axl trusted Tommy's judgment, and Tommy basically admitted that he was wrong and they were a wrong fit with GNR's audience.

What I always found ironic was they gave EoDM hell, yet turned around and most crowds loved Papa Roach. Huh?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

No shit on Papa Roach.

I always assumed pretty much what you did, Axlin. Thing is, I don't assume Axl knew nothing about them. You know why? Because Axl loves new acts and always has. Tommy may have recommended them, but IMO I'd be embarrassed for Axl if I thought he truly was so lazy as to just rubber stamp some band without at least listening first.

Which is to say, I think whether they sucked or not, Axl shafted them too.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

The guy conducting the interview reminded me of Garth from Wayne's World.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I watched the video.

Guys, honestly - and i'm not saying this because we're on a GN'R board, and i'm an Axl guy or anything.... that Jesse Hughes is a complete and total liar, and if you watch him, that guy's facial expressions combined with his responses, is beyond lying.

Not to mention that he continues to perpetuate the complete lie about Tommy quitting the band, throwing his bass down, and then Axl throwing his bass at him, blah blah blah. Not only did Axl & Tommy say it didn't happen (and I believe Tommy), but the entire staff said it didn't happen, as well as numerous people who attended the Cleveland show (far outweighed the shit stirrer's on MyGNR).

Only complete and total talentless losers go out, stink up a show for 25 minutes, get booed off stage, then turn around and look to that show as their "most triumphiant" show of all-time, and the only thing they can talk about to get anyone to listen.

I really really hate this new era, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim-generation of rock artists who play guitars really awful, sing terrible, and write shit lyrics, but because they played some fuckin' hipster club in Atlanta, they're some fuckin' superstar.

No you ain't man... no you ain't.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I really really hate this new era, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim-generation of rock artists who play guitars really awful, sing terrible, and write shit lyrics, but because they played some fuckin' hipster club in Atlanta, they're some fuckin' superstar.

Haha, that rant's been stirrin for a while, hasn't it?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I can't see the problem with photos on the laminates - with the amount of crazy death threats and shit GNR get it makes sence to have some security.

As for this interview, firstly I don't like the cheap shots at Baz...make fun of him all you want but he's got killer chops and still brings it decades later.

And then regarding GNR, well, everyone knows Axl has a media reputation for mood swings and so on, if it's true I don't think he really does it on purpose it's just who he is, part of his make up, and at the end of the day as a peformer and songwriter he's at the top of the talent pool.

I think that's a shame too, and goes a long way to expose this Jesse Hughes guy as the incredible asshole (or liar) that he is.

From his own comments, Baz tried to be a welcoming friend to him on the tour, and Jesse basically made fun of him and right out of the gate was an asshole.

Not appreciative at all that he's a fucking nobody being invited on tour with Guns N' Roses, no he's better than that. He's cooler than that. Yet funny, nobody knows who the fuck he is he's so cool.

I personally highly doubt that Jesse ever said those things to Baz. I don't think he's got the balls. I think Jesse is simply trying to sound cool to his fuckin' herbal cigarette-smokin', zima-drinking, Tylenol snortin', pussy rock audience.

smoke wrote:

No shit on Papa Roach.

I always assumed pretty much what you did, Axlin. Thing is, I don't assume Axl knew nothing about them. You know why? Because Axl loves new acts and always has. Tommy may have recommended them, but IMO I'd be embarrassed for Axl if I thought he truly was so lazy as to just rubber stamp some band without at least listening first.

Which is to say, I think whether they sucked or not, Axl shafted them too.

How did Axl shaft them? Axl gave them a chance to be an opener for a legendary artist, and they blew it.

Jesse Hughes is still talking about this shit all these years later, and he still didn't get the memo. It's not about Axl.

It's about you Jesse...

Your audience says it all. NOBODY IN THE HISTORY OF FUCKING MUSIC WALKS INTO A VENUE WITH AN AUDIENCE AUTOMATICALLY LOVING THEM. NOBODY. You HAVE to WIN OVER the audience. You HAVE to PUT YOURSELF OVER with the audience. Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose has many legendary songs, and has an automatic appreciation with an audience. But even they can lay an egg. Remember Dublin 2010? Remember that Australia 2007 show that was so aggressive? Even Axl Rose has nights where people don't give a shit he's Axl Rose.

ASSUMING people want to hear YOU, simply because you are you is the biggest self-absorbed, diva-like, self-important hipster douchebaggy thing you can do as an artist, that far outweighs any thing Axl Rose has ever done.

I know Axl can be a dick, and can be a rockstar diva type.

But to this day, he got railroaded on that Nirvana thing. Kurt Cobain & Dave Grohl were the punk ass "too cool for school" douche bags that picked a fight with the jock. Axl didn't do anything to them other than admire and appreciate their music. They spit in his face, not the other way around. And to this day have yet to apologize.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh yeah man. I'm glad to grab #400, baggin' on those fuckin' pricks.

I just hate that attitude. Always have. Pigeons is too cool for Guns, Nirvana is too cool for Pigeons, Motley is too cool for Poison, Bon Jovi is too cool for all of them.... fuck off.

All this competition bullshit, for nothing. Did you guys get into rock to make great music, or did you all get into it for dick measuring, and posturing of who's cool?

And the fans are the worst. Like the fuckin' cocksuckers that were giving Russ a hard time the other day at the Clutch show, for wearing a Van Halen shirt.

WTF? Clutch fans suddenly know fuckin' rock that they can bag on Van Halen?

THIS folks is the Generation Y rock bands. Rockers who think they're automatically fuckin' cool, because they can play In Bloom note for note on Rock Band. Kiss off.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh yeah man. I'm glad to grab #400, baggin' on those fuckin' pricks.

I just hate that attitude. Always have. Pigeons is too cool for Guns, Nirvana is too cool for Pigeons, Motley is too cool for Poison, Bon Jovi is too cool for all of them.... fuck off.

All this competition bullshit, for nothing. Did you guys get into rock to make great music, or did you all get into it for dick measuring, and posturing of who's cool?

And the fans are the worst. Like the fuckin' cocksuckers that were giving Russ a hard time the other day at the Clutch show, for wearing a Van Halen shirt.

WTF? Clutch fans suddenly know fuckin' rock that they can bag on Van Halen?

THIS folks is the Generation Y rock bands. Rockers who think they're automatically fuckin' cool, because they can play In Bloom note for note on Rock Band. Kiss off.

Wow! Someone's bloodpressure just went through the roof!

Board footer