You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: METALLICA and LOU REED: Official Web Site Launched

Axlin16 wrote:

Anybody else feel James' stuff on this song is 'tacked on'?

It comes across to me like it's fucking horrible, Metallica knows it, and they added a melody & chorus to try to salvage the song.

The whole thing is bloody awful. This is officially the worst thing they've ever done.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yep, and it's such a shame too, they were regaining steam again with Death Magnetic. Looks like they're back to square one again!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah this is a horrible decision. Although i've thought they've been a singles band for years, Death Magnetic got them 20 years of goodwill back, because many of their long-time fans thought it was the first real follow-up to Justice.

Now they're gonna lay their biggest steaming turd yet. I wish they'd let someone actually manage them, despite their legend status, and actually veto some of their ideas and go "no we're not gonna do this".

If they wanted to do something like this, but actually 'good' they'd of been better served having Iggy Pop. Someone who actually knows how to do punk/avante-garde rock that actually has melodies and choruses and is somewhat catchy.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I guess the boys wanted to mix it with 'a legend' and picked the worst one. Again, I agree with Axlin, find a fucking singer for a start, not a newsreader. Melody please!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah this is a HUGE let down.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

annnnd... surprise surprise: Rolling Stone gave the song 4 stars in the new issue. Further proof that that magazine isn't fit to wipe one's ass with.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Full song

[youtube]8LWtb621DRg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Full song

[youtube]8LWtb621DRg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I dig it. But I love Lou Reed, so... James parts are the weak link here, imo. It's a poetry reading over heavy riffs. Pretty cool. 

Not surprised people don't like it.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

The riffs are pretty sludgy there. Not sure I care for it- definitely something you'd have to *work* at appreciating. But, that was pretty much the point, from the written intro.

I'll give the whole thing a few tries for sure.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Absolutely terrible. People wonder why I prefer almost strictly instrumental music these days.

Board footer