You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: New Shooter Jennings song calls out fake "outlaws" of new country

BLS-Pride wrote:

I love this song. Taking a rightful shot at young country singers who don't write half or more of their songs and like to consider themselves "outlaws" cause they dress the part and try to act it when in reality they are everything that would be against it. Great dig at Nashville and their outlaw robots.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Can't go wrong with Shooter.  Any idea when this album comes out?

This might be worth starting a new thread, but I'll bet anyone who cares will find it in here...  Anybody else (BLS specificaly, but anybody else too) check out the Southern Independent compilations Shooter has been pushing lately. 

http://www.blackcountryrock.org/xxx/ind … &Itemid=56

If you register at that site you can download them for free.  There's some good shit on there... and it's mostly the kind of thing you're not going to discover any other way.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

He really nails it with this song.  All popular country music is now is just pop songs with twangy guitar.  That's it.  The whole country music scene that we see is just over processed pop music. 

It's nice that Shooter keeps the real country alive.  I still can't get enough of Black Ribbons.  That album just continues to amaze me.  I can't wait for another album by Heirophant.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not nuts about the song itself, but I enjoy its message and I enjoy Shooter going out there having the guts and carrying the torch.

Not only is country "just pop with twangy guitars" like Saikin stated, but what passes as country today is a joke (Taylor Swift? really?) As hot as Carrie Underwood is, i've grown sick of her voice. As someone who grew up around country folks my whole life, the Carrie Underwood's are just not my scene and unrealistic. They appeal to what we call in my parts "Third generation ranchers". What that means is spoiled rich kids who have inherited the wealth and land of cattle drives and ranching and cowboy'n passed down to them who have never ever worked a day in their lives, but carry themselves as country so much to a point that they are a "scene", and don't have a clue what they're doing.

When I see bitches like Miranda Lambert being passed off as "outlaw country" today I wanna fuckin' puke. Lambert ain't no different than Gretchen Wilson, who's a total fuckin' poser created in a producer's office to sell an image.

Even outlaw country has become a scene.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

The same can be said for rock music as well.  Most popular rock music is pop music with distorted guitars and rough vocals. 

Let's face it, most music that is released is some form of bubble gum pop bullshit.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I like Keith Urban.  Other than that I don't  really care for country old or new.

As for this song... meh. It comes off kinda funny as he's also name droppin' and it's rather Kid Rock chest pounding kinda bravado. I'm more legit than you kinda thing. I get what he's saying and agree and it could also be said for rock as well but I think it comes off weak.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

I like Keith Urban.  Other than that I don't  really care for country old or new.

As for this song... meh. It comes off kinda funny as he's also name droppin' and it's rather Kid Rock chest pounding kinda bravado. I'm more legit than you kinda thing. I get what he's saying and agree and it could also be said for rock as well but I think it comes off weak.

The song itself is weak.  The message is a good one though. 

Anyone else think Shooter should stick to his more adventurous pursuits?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

The song itself is weak.  The message is a good one though. 

Anyone else think Shooter should stick to his more adventurous pursuits?

Yeah its a straight to the point kinda song which works best for message delivery I think.

I love the first two Shooter albums and also love Black Ribbons so either way I am happy. He did say that there would be another Black Ribbons type album in the future.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Keith Urban ain't country, just fyi. Don't know if the last name was a dead giveaway or not, but cats like that are the exact reason the entire genre is in the toilet.

Board footer