You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

Re: CD no longer listed at Best Buy

bucketfan wrote:

Looking at The Best buy website, CD seems to have vanished.

Has the Best Buy deal ended? Or will Axl tour an album that can't be bought in stores?

Seems a bit strange.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Makes me fantasize that its because of a re-release with new tracks that will be played live....but it's probably nothing of the sort!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its almost 3 years old...its actually surprising to me that they had it listed this long...usually turnover is like 6 months or sooner

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Its been that way for awhile now I believe. And the Best Buy deal ended over a year ago. Any store can carry CD now, but obviously choose to not.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So is it not in normal record shops over there even though the best buy deal finished? That's wierd. Over here at my local they will have CD in along with AFD, UYI, LIES and TSI...just in the rack as a normal album.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So is it not in normal record shops over there even though the best buy deal finished? That's wierd. Over here at my local they will have CD in along with AFD, UYI, LIES and TSI...just in the rack as a normal album.

I haven't seen it in any other major retailers.  I've seen it in some independent record stores.  The Best Buy deal ended 2 years or so AFTER the album came out, and by that time it wasn't selling much at all in the US.  So the impetus for other retailers to get Chinese Democracy in their stores to sell wasn't very high.  Especially considering the CD buying market being as poor as it is today.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Better video starts now!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Dude, are you serious? Weird? Really?

It took Best Buy 3 years to get rid of there's, you think Wal-Mart is gonna purposely go out and get copies of CD to stick in front of GNR's Greatest Hits?

It's the only drink coaster that spent over $14 million dollars in production.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Amazon's charging $3.49 for it. 16:haha::haha:

http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Democracy … 837&sr=8-2

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I was SHOCKED that Best Buy never offered it for free with any purchase. One of my few predictions about the fiasco yet to come true.

Board footer