You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Influence is a slippery slope. For instance, Nirvana was incredibly influential but I happen to think they influenced a shitload of TERRIBLE music. Likewise with the Cure. Hell, Zeppelin is a victim of this too. They are the godfathers of hair metal/arena rock. Their music is amazing, but the people they influenced suck donkey balls except for maybe the likes of AC/DC and GN'R.

Influence is influnce though regardless. Nirvana is never getting in based on their body of work but they will get in based on their influence. Same with Sex Pistols. Why were they even nomintaed? It was based on their influence. The Cure has an incredible body of work than spans 30+ years to go along with their massive influence so.... They get in. Or at least they should get in.  I mean Robert Smith inspired an entire generation of kids to dress in black and be depressed that alone deserves an induction 16

lulz, I think that's a bad thing. Emo is fuckin' terrible. 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah Bono, if that is your reasoning for Robert Smith/The Cure being in there -- fuck those guys, seriously. Creating the queer-ality of goth and emo is not a selling point.

buzzsaw wrote:

If that's Axl's comeback line he's finished. Most people blame him for driving everyone out of the band. They'll just say that it was his fault they left.

No it's not. Axl REFUSES to play Slash's game. Slash has been saying lame ass lying bullshit for years. Axl instead is 'blunt' (per his own admission), and says what's on his mind about it. Problem, it depends on what day of the week as to what he's 'feeling'. One day, "I love the guy", the next "he's a cancer".

If Axl wants to retain the "I was right and vindicated" aspect of the whole thing, he has to throw Slash's game back in his face.

In other words -- give a response that respects the old band, yet passive aggressively throws the ball back in their court.

It's the only way Axl retains 'his way', yet doesn't look like a complete asshole.

Problem is, Slash knows Axl doesn't work that way. Slash plays the game with people far more than people give him credit for. Axl is not near the bad guy he's made out to be.

Axl is an asshole, and he made his bed with that. But Slash took that perception and graciously ran with it to paint the image of SLASH BEING THE VICTIM. Not Axl.

So i'm sorry Bono, I don't see it your way. If anyone has beat the drum of "i'm the victim" all these years, it's been Slash. Not Axl.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl REFUSES to play Slash's game. Slash has been saying lame ass lying bullshit for years. Axl instead is 'blunt' (per his own admission), and says what's on his mind about it.

tells it like it is as longs as its through the "proper channels" (*cough* malibu mafia *cough* ahem)... at least slash will lie directly to your face 14 19

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That is true. Using Del James to pretend you're giving an "interview" is a joke.

But Slash's willingness to go out and be a politician and shake hands (not what Axl does), gives people the impression (for some weird ass reason) as someone "not afraid of the truth".

No... a man who does that has more of a motive to LIE. Ex: politicians

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Aussie wrote:

but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it.

My read on Axl's quote about the price being too high is that getting up on stage with just the original guys (or guys up to UYI) is almost like an admission that what came after that isn't GNR.

People figured out it wasn't GNR long before any HOF induction was possible. He should just go and perform a couple songs with whatever version of the 87-91 lineups show up. If he cant handle 10 or 15 minutes performing songs he's performed constantly since those days with the guys that actually created it, then just retire for fucks sake. What credibility Axl still has left is tossed out the window if he chickenshits out of showing up just because "the cancer" is there.

Regardless of his feelings, it's certainly a double edged sword. It could make the current lineup an even bigger joke and the desire for a reunion from the general public even higher, OR a 2-3 song performance by the old band could satisfy people and the reunion cries diminish and Axl be able to continue moving forward in reverse....

A tough decision but he should be there no matter what.

On the subject of HOF, still amazes me how he went silent for six years after that amazing performance with Springsteen that the two planned just minutes before it happened.

I miss that Axl.

Aussie wrote:

That said how could the new band get up anyhow, I mean DJ doesn't even have any music written under the GNR name.  If he's there shouldn't Bucket and Finck be also. 

That's where it gets stupid, so it's the original guys plus maybe Matt and Dizzy (Gilby??)  and that's it.  Anything more than that becomes farcicle.  Therein lies Axl's dilemma.

The 1987-91 lineups are the ONLY members that deserve entry. Gilby doesn't, Zig Zag doesn't, and neither does Bucket.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

gilby appears on TSI....so he is featured on 1/5th of the catalogue

Trujilo and Newstead were inducted with metallica?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

A covers album mainly recorded while Izzy was there but removed because he left doesn't count in my opinion.

Trujilo's induction was moronic in my opinion.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree that Axl chickenshitting on a reunion will kill any ounce of credibility he has left.

I know alot of people look at Trujilo's induction as proof new-era GN'R members will get in. I mean come on, if Trujilo can get in, why doesn't Tommy Stinson, Robin Finck or Chris Pitman? All of which have just as much, if not more seniority with the band.

Regardless, mark my words.... THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL that ANYONE post-1993 will be acknowledged as Guns N' Roses. Gilby might get acknowledgement because he's toured the majority of the UYI tour with them and recorded on TSI (which was still a FAR BIGGER seller than CD, people forget that)

I could see Gilby up there, but anything after that.... even I would laugh in Joker-like hysterics watching Paul fuckin' Huge thanking everyone.

GTFO

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Newstead belongs for sure. Trujilo definitely doesn't. Gilby sure as shit doesn't belong either. Hell, I think it should only be the AFD lineup. While I consider the Illusions to be classic albums (especially by today's horrible standards), they are also pretty flawed records with nowhere near the reputation that AFD has garnered. To me, the Illusions only bolster the case for Axl, Duff, Izzy, and Slash to get in with only 4 legit releases whereas the drummer and keyboardist on the UYI albums shouldn't get to ride the coattails of AFD and Lies.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah Bono, if that is your reasoning for Robert Smith/The Cure being in there -- fuck those guys, seriously. Creating the queer-ality of goth and emo is not a selling point.

yeah well the Cure has an amazing body of work that spans 30+ years like I mentioned. They are the "god fathers" of an entire genre of music regardless of whether you like the scene or not and they are without question one of the best live acts of all time.  Fuck those guys? yeah  I think not.

Kurt Cobain is also responsibly for a bunch of grungy teens expressing self angst and fake anti popularity bullshit. Nirvana is still getting in, The Cure should be in as well.

Axlin08 wrote:

So i'm sorry Bono, I don't see it your way. If anyone has beat the drum of "i'm the victim" all these years, it's been Slash. Not Axl.

Yeah you don't have to agree with  who you think played the victim card more but there is no denying what I said about how owning responsibility and being accountable allows one to let go and move forward. Axl needing to be right and vindicated will never allow him to move forward ina  healthy manner fi that is in fact his motivation. That's just the flat out truth.  You can't go through life and be at peace with yourself if you're always looking to be right and vindicated. Vindicated by who anyways? The fans? Media? the old band?  Really what does it matter at this point?

Board footer