You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Chinese Democracy Re-Release With US Tour?

buzzsaw wrote:

Because they had such an easy time selling 13 new songs...

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking shipping costs alone would put that shit in the red.

Axl needs to make steady releases without too much of a fuzz and show people for good or for bad that he's here to stick around and make music. If it's quality people will eventually move on to other things (let it be Metallica please, that's so over due) and he can start being judged more fairly.

Do you agree CD had hit potential if Axl had had Slash' image in the press?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking shipping costs alone would put that shit in the red.

Axl needs to make steady releases without too much of a fuzz and show people for good or for bad that he's here to stick around and make music. If it's quality people will eventually move on to other things (let it be Metallica please, that's so over due) and he can start being judged more fairly.

Do you agree CD had hit potential if Axl had had Slash' image in the press?

If you're asking me, no.  CD had hit potential if it had Slash's guitar work on Axl's ballads and some of the best songs from VR and his solo album with Axl's contributions replacing crap like Shackler's.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

A re-release with even a couple new tracks and a cover would be DOA.

How can that be DOA?!

I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Are we still hanging on for "Top Of The Fuckin' World ver.2.0."?
Do us diehards really think THAT is a reality?

That to me that is a pipedream and a fantasy.

Hell, I just want new music for ME!

Simple and selfish! 22

I'm an old Gunner, don't patronize me with that "Top of the fuckin' World" schtick. I knew GN'R would never be popular again, outside of maybe the rock charts, and performing on cable late night shows and "That Metal Show". They couldn't even do that. Somehow Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, and Stone Temple Pilots found a way though.

Do you have any clue that in the U.S., that Best Buy had to sell CD for $2 bucks to get rid of their stock?

Once again, same thing just like the original release applies... WITHOUT PROMO -- they won't do anything. Sales would be WORSE than they were.

Now a re-release with a FULL 2nd disc of new songs, and maybe some proper promo... that's a different story.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

A re-release with even a couple new tracks and a cover would be DOA.

How can that be DOA?!

I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Are we still hanging on for "Top Of The Fuckin' World ver.2.0."?
Do us diehards really think THAT is a reality?

That to me that is a pipedream and a fantasy.

Hell, I just want new music for ME!

Simple and selfish! 22

I'm an old Gunner, don't patronize me with that "Top of the fuckin' World" schtick. I knew GN'R would never be popular again, outside of maybe the rock charts, and performing on cable late night shows and "That Metal Show". They couldn't even do that. Somehow Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, and Stone Temple Pilots found a way though.

Do you have any clue that in the U.S., that Best Buy had to sell CD for $2 bucks to get rid of their stock?

Once again, same thing just like the original release applies... WITHOUT PROMO -- they won't do anything. Sales would be WORSE than they were.

Now a re-release with a FULL 2nd disc of new songs, and maybe some proper promo... that's a different story.

I took your DOA-comment to mean that a re-release with bonus tracks wouldn't sell many albums or be a "hit".
If I misunderstood, my bad!

I believe most fans would be happy to have new official material.

Sure, a whole album worth of new songs would be the ultimate. But I'm pretty sure most fans will eat up a couple of new songs. Whether fans choose to buy the album or only download the new tracks, is another question.

So from a fan's point of view who crave new music, it's not DOA.

But if we're actually hoping a new release or re-release will be a chart-buster, we're kidding ourselvs. In that regard, whatever they do will be DOA. The huge demand for new albums from veteran hardrock acts, like GNR, in today's record industry is just not present.

But in the concert industry, now THAT'S another story! That's why bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Bon Jovi and GNR are doing well in (most of) the worlds markets!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Because they had such an easy time selling 13 new songs...

Was it really 13 new songs though?  I believe more than half that album had been heard a few times before... 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

14 songs. 3 songs were "new."

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Whatever it was.  Are people going to buy that many for 3 more new songs?  No chance in hell.  Curiosity is gone.  It's much cheaper and easier to just download the songs for the few people interested.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ That's true for every artist at the moment though.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ That's true for every artist at the moment though.

Not every artist is talking about the possibility of re-releasing an album few people wanted in the first place either...

Board footer