You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: American Horror Story

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f … mma-527360

She did a pretty good job in Scream 4 and she's also Evan's gf; so this seems interesting.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

She's a "party girl" - wonder how long she'll live...

Me_Wise_Magic

smoke wrote:

She's a "party girl" - wonder how long she'll live...

Not sure. Would love for Lizzie to come back; but hopefully this season uses this big ensemble in fresh and interesting ways.

Me_Wise_Magic

tumblr_mqms2tapxA1sn00kmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqms4dv2cm1sn00kmo1_500.jpg

Official promo images for Season 3: Coven.

Dennis O'Hare who played the burnt psycho, Larry from Murder House (S1) will be back for this season. I'm really excited. I thought his acting and role was great. Brought out alot of plot elements and tension with his role. Also the season is about to start shooting this week, more production, and other things.

Me_Wise_Magic

Me_Wise_Magic

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/27/ … new-teaser

It returns to FX, Wednesday October 9'th at 10pm. smile

The teasers are really cool and sinister as always. They are Youtube. If you guys want me to post them if you are interested. Let me know. Some of them feature a snippet cover of House of the Rising Sun and one other song for the others.

Me_Wise_Magic

Just purchased Season 2: Asylum on DVD earlier today and hoping to re-watch some great episodes real soon. A good number of bonus features too. I think it released today as well and had an opening sale discount at Best Buy. 9 Tomorrow it (Coven, S3) premieres at 10pm on FX (Even though FXX is kind of pointless). It's been getting good promo on the channel, Facebook, Youtube, and IGN.com. If you some of you guys want to discuss your thoughts, theories like we did last time I'm all for doing that. I remember a couple of us had some good chats and ideas of where it would go and the after math of Asylum. Maybe even more for Coven, perhaps?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think Lofton recommended this to me initially or something, and I kinda disdained it.

Last Friday I watched the Pilot episode.

FUCKING INSANE! Crazy good. Hope the whole series is that good.

Me_Wise_Magic

Well good sir the thing about this show is that every season is a new book. No connectivity to each season whatsoever. All the actors that show up for the first time or come back for the following season are whole new characters. Different costumes, personalities, and situations. It's become one of my favorite shows in the middle of the Murder House book (S1). Right now Asylum S2 is my favorite of the bunch and hoping the current one Coven tops it. I'm liking some of the episodes. Kathy Bates, Angela Basset, and Jessica Lange squaring off. So much good talent. Just elements going in the first two episodes could of went somewhere better; but it usually takes a couple episodes for each season to hit it's stride. Not enjoying certain characters and I sense re-using certain story ideas. Episode 4&5 of S1 are fucking great and Asylum I was loving from the beginning.  Asylum was so insane (yes literally) and fun as hell. Wrapped up quite nicely with all the different plot lines. Highly recommend it to anyone. It's dark horror; but has good writing, fun ideas, and alot of the episodes make you think of what's going to happen next. It definitely doesn't leave you feeling bored. Coven deals with witches, New Orleans, voodoo, and tongue and cheek black humor.

Also each season the camera work, detail, and acting improves. Even though you don't need to follow anything first or second. Everyone looks to be having fun in whatever role they get. Lots of energy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I think Lofton recommended this to me initially or something, and I kinda disdained it.

Last Friday I watched the Pilot episode.

FUCKING INSANE! Crazy good. Hope the whole series is that good.

First season was excellent. I watched it again a few months ago. Second season was terrible. It had major potential but they had way too many subplots and it was a mess. Coven so far is pretty damn good even though I'm not a fan of witch movies/tv shows. I think they give them a bit too much power but so far so good. Great to see Emma Roberts in this type of role. Actually using some acting skills which have been suspect for some time.

Board footer