You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Google To Index Facebook Comments As Search Results

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

people concerned about privacy shouldn't be using fb, period.  They still don't use https by default, and one of the many reasons I ditched it for something else.  Anonymous are planning something for 5th Nov also.  I'll be watching.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Something directed at FB or Google or something else? Today is november 5th here where I am smile

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

That's my thought exactly. Why put your entire life online then complain or be worried about your personal information getting out?

To play devils advocate...indexing and searching it is going further...

Like i'm ok to talk publicly on my friend's facebook page - knowing that various aquaintances of anyone connected to us in a 7 degrees of seperation kinda way might see it.

To me that's like having a conversation in a busy mall - somepeople will listen in - and I don't say anything past a certain point of privateness for that reason.

But then to have search ability is a bit different - as your not just limited to people who stumble upon your conversation due to some vague proximity to you or a connection to you in some way. Like if people can search for conversations with key words and then only listen in to those...as you could on google...it's a little more intrusive.

AtariLegend wrote:

That sucks, more from a quality google results point of view.

Searching for things then finding things that are not relevant and/or spam sites is a problem on google, especially user comments on other sites which have nothing to do with the content of an article or the host site.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Stalking people just got 500000% easier!  Congrats all you pedophiles!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
mickronson wrote:

people concerned about privacy shouldn't be using fb, period. .

That's my thought exactly. Why put your entire life online then complain or be worried about your personal information getting out?

Thirded. Been saying it awhile.

If you don't want to be doomed by giving your privacy away to the capitalists, DON'T BE ON FACEBOOK.

Every damn day I second-guess and consider shutting down my Twitter account. Just the other day it was hacked (as Russ already knows), and I considered just taking it down.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Stalking people just got 500000% easier!  Congrats all you pedophiles!

WikiLeaks: Texas Company Helped Pimp Little Boys To Stoned Afghan Cops

Another international conflict, another horrific taxpayer-funded sex scandal for DynCorp, the private security contractor tasked with training the Afghan police.

DynCorp is one of the largest CPS contractors in the US. Now they got you on facebook.

Board footer