You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Hard to gauge from that 30 second clip, seeing as the quality ain't that great, but it sounds like it's building up to something cool. And I hope there's some cool Eddie solo in there too.

I pretty much agree. It actually sounds like it could be something cool, but we just can't tell yet.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Very underwhelming clip, although like others said it's difficult to know what a song sounds like based on a small clip. I'm hoping for something much bigger next week.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think the single is officially released to radio stations at midnight, so the WHOLE song should be available in just over an hour.  But for now, here's a little more for the time being.  The first time I listened to it, I was underwhelmed, but I've listened a couple more times and it's sounding better.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

I've been listening to the single now for about an hour. I really like it, it's a grower, and the guitar is the best part. For some reason a lot of the VH board peeps don't like the outro, but I really like it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Here's the full version...

*listening now*

EDIT: Listened to it... fucking LOVE IT. Van Halen is BACK! I so missed these guys. It's been too long man, way too fuckin' long. The real VH is back. In honor of getting ready for the album, i'm busting out the old Dave albums...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The video is funny. Just seeing and old David Lee Roth being David Lee Roth.

I kinda dig the song, It's what I expected.. Very David Lee Roth. Hope the rest of the album is a bit better though.

SEXY DRAGON MAGIC! 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I like it.  Wouldn't put it in the "love" category just yet, but it's off to a good start.

Unfortunately ticket prices for the tour are ridiculous around me, as expected.  Cheapest tickets to see them at Mohegan Sun are $127.50.  I could make the 2 hour trip to Boston or NY to see them for a little less, $93 and $96 respectively (for the cheap seats).  Not ideal though.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Video is pretty cool, except for the balloons at the end...are they playing at a birthday party?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Hate to say it, because it's the obvious gripe, but the Van Halen sound is incomplete without Anthony singing. I like the song though- it makes for the prospect of a promising album. It sounds like modern VH in a good way.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Did my version of a review for our website and newspaper.
http://www.redeyechicago.com/entertainm … 0473.story

Board footer