You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Albany, NY - Times Union Center (Nov 23, 2011) *CANCELLED*

Von wrote:

Was coming on here to see who else might be at the Albany, NY show tomorrow night to maybe meet up with in line. Didn't expect to see my show got cancelled. Fiancée and I were really looking forward to this one. It's the only concert we made sure our budget might even allow this year.

At least I've already seen GN'R twice and VR once. Still super bummed.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sorry 'bout that Von. I know how I felt in 2002 when the Tampa show got canned with only a week or so to go.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I really feel like this might be a "low ticket sales" cancellation.

This

Nobody bought tix. Or not enough. Stay tuned for more of these situations in the future.

Not trying to be negative, because it's a great show to see, but it's currently way overbooked right now. I'm hoping west coast fans don't lose out a THIRD time. Lofton just might stage a riot himself.

It's impossible to say for certain without knowing the numbers. As far as being overbooked, I don't see it at all on the West Coast. They one show in Vegas, one in Seattle and one in LA. That's not overbooking.

Ali

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

at the same time 2 in NJ, one in NY and one in PA...thats alot of shows in a small area you cant deny it...lots of people too though

Sky Dog wrote:

I would go with low ticket sales...."production costs" outweighing the potential sales of tix, beer, merchandise, etc etc...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Thats a shame, they've been on a good run of form. I think the only other cancelation in recent times was the one caused by the freak tornado in South America.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I really feel like this might be a "low ticket sales" cancellation.

This

Nobody bought tix. Or not enough. Stay tuned for more of these situations in the future.

Not trying to be negative, because it's a great show to see, but it's currently way overbooked right now. I'm hoping west coast fans don't lose out a THIRD time. Lofton just might stage a riot himself.

It's impossible to say for certain without knowing the numbers. As far as being overbooked, I don't see it at all on the West Coast. They one show in Vegas, one in Seattle and one in LA. That's not overbooking.

Ali

That's not what I was getting at. West coast actually isn't overbooked. Never really has been.

The problem is the band always books the east coast in the Fall, overbooks it like Neemo referred to, then turns around and starts stupidly cancelling west coast dates and cutting the tour off.

West coast U.S./Canada hasn't gotten a full GN'R tour in years.

As far as "for certain", what's actually 'for certain' is that GN'R is never gonna divulge that information. Not gonna happen. They cancelled some show in 2006 (think it was Worcester), and claimed the fire marshal wouldn't clear the pyro. Everyone bought it, but a few fans claimed that the venue's Box Office people were saying how "it wasn't selling at all". They were called liars and haters on HTGTH, then it comes out a few weeks later from some insider rock news source that the show got cancelled because only 2,000 tix sold for like a 12,000 seat venue or something like that. They also claimed the tour would be cancelled soon. Jarmo deletes the post, then turns around and not long after that Axl calls the whole thing off with a Press Release claiming they were leaving the road to finish the album in late 2006.

Now i'm not claiming any sort of "tour alarm" AT ALL. I'm just saying their history is... they're not gonna tell us if that were the case.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Venue canceled due to poor ticket sales. It's that easy

Board footer