You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: PJ20: The Official PEARL JAM Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Hey Bono when you were beating off to No Code, did you forget these gems?

[youtube]4P66_txfUwg&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]pF-PPY_ufjY&feature=related[/youtube]

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That's incredibly lame for a rock band. Rock at it's core is about fucking with the establishment, not about submitting to it. Which is what they did, then, now & forever. They'll never escape that.

Listen the bottom line is it's a difference of a opinion between me and the band. I don't hate them for it.

And this is where we disagree. I think it's a tired idea that rock n roll has to be about "fucking with the establishment"  If Rock n' Roll can encourage peope to get out and vote then that's great and just because people are in rock bands doesn't mean they can't support one party or the other. If they truely felt there was a real need to vote for the opposite of Bush then so be it. Very rock n' roll to stand by their convictions knowing full well many of their fans would hate it.  In the end what they were really doing was telling people to not be apathetic to the whole thing.  Rock n' Roll/ rock stars can change the world in a  sense that it/they can create/contribute to movements. Whether you agree with the movement or stance is entirely up to you but it doesn't make it any less rock n' roll.

As for No Code I've said it's my favorite Pearl Jam album so I didn't forget any of it. Just didn't post every song from the album 14 Mankind rules, so does Luken but you seem to have forget about that? tongue

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

[youtube]GbG9CNCettk&feature=g-vrec&context=G251c347RVAAAAAAAAAQ[/youtube]

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Lol at Cornell. He phones in that performance, is still just smokes.

Total swagger, it's like "i'm good and I know i'm good"

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Speaking of Temple of the Dog, I felt the real need to throw a shout out and a lotta love to the opening track...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Lol at Cornell. He phones in that performance, is still just smokes.

Total swagger, it's like "i'm good and I know i'm good"

When you can come out and scream like he does you have every right to be like that.  It's how it was at the Nudedragons show when they played Beyond the Wheel. 

So cool to see these guys still play with each other after all these years.

Board footer