You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Trunk Interviews RRHOF President

Saikin wrote:

Interview just happened today.  I wasn't able to listen to it, but Trunk posted some GNR details on Twitter.  If anyone did listen feel free to add.

Someone on twitter asked him if he knows if Axl will show up:

"(president) said all have RSVP'd that they will show but still too song to tell"- FALSE

Someone asked if GNR should have gotten in:

"No. Not over others ignored"

General comments:

"Also he confirmed that for GNR, Appetite guys as well as Sorum and Dizzy are inducted.  If both Axl and Slash show is anyone's guess, too soon"

-----------------------------------

The two most important parts are that they confirmed exactly who is getting inducted as well as the fact that apparently all of them have said they would attend. 

It would be interesting to see exactly how they would work out inducting all of them if they chose to play together.  Or if they chose to play separate.  I could see current GNR playing with Axl and then the old lineup playing with a different singer. 

If Axl has plans for his current lineup, performing with the old lineup probably isn't the best idea.  But if he isn't planning on continuing this lineup, then he definitely should play with them.  If he doesn't perform with them, the media will of course trash him and paint him to be a gigantic asshole, regardless of his reasoning. 

I don't envy him and the choice he has to make.  16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What choice?

There's only ONE choice. He HAS to perform with them.

I'm telling you. Anything less than that is gonna look HORRIBLE, and the media is gonna run WILD with it.

For the first time in a LONG time, Axl Rose has to give the people what they want to make this work.

If they perform, the only thing that will work is a set of songs performed solely from AFD/Lies by the original 5, and then do a UYI tribute with Matt & Dizzy out there.

The new band thing just isn't gonna work, unless they're saved over for some sort of "show ending" big collaboration deal and some of them jam on stage.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What choice?

I'm telling you. Anything less than that is gonna look HORRIBLE, and the media is gonna run WILD with it.

For the first time in a LONG time, Axl Rose has to give the people what they want to make this work.

If they perform, the only thing that will work is a set of songs performed solely from AFD/Lies by the original 5, and then do a UYI tribute with Matt & Dizzy out there.

The new band thing just isn't gonna work, unless they're saved over for some sort of "show ending" big collaboration deal and some of them jam on stage.

And then he performs with Slash again and everyone sees it as water under the bridge and everything is all fine and dandy in GNR land.  They can now go tour and write more music together! 

Fuck the current lineup, they are history at that point in the public's eye. 

On a serious note: Fuck the RRHOF for doing this.  They did it for the money.  They have snubbed bands that deserve to get in for years, but GNR get in first ballot because of this.  (not saying they don't deserve it, they do)

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

the closer this gets any involvement of the new band is gonna seem more and more ridiculous. I think it's totally cool if they are there and I'd be totally cool with say Tommy inductuing them but I don't feel they should get on stage to perform at all. It's not about them(clearly as we know who's inducted) and they knwo this as well or better than anyone.   And as lame as it would be to hear anyone other than Axl singing Gn'R songs it would be equally lame to see anyone other than Slash, Duff and Izzy playing them. Also nobody cares about a CD era song  at this type of event so I don't see the new band playing a role when it comes to performance. I guess I could seeit cause Axl might push that based on his own agendas but I feel it would be ridiculous. The guys being inducted should  perform the way Axlin08 suggested and that's it.

I'd be content with just seeing them all sitting at a  table togther having drinks while the ceremony is taking place. Where is this being held? Banquet hall, theatre type venue or an arena?

Axl and Slash sitting beside each other shooting the shit would be cool enough for me. A performance would be huge bonus.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The Rock Hall didn't put Axl in this spot. AXL put AXL in this spot.

He knew this day would come.

I see the "will they or won't they" thing just adding to GN'R history. They're still unpredictable.

Axl could always just boycott and pretend it never happened, but it'll just bury him further.

And as for the new band? Any chance at a push they had Axl squandared YEARS ago.

There's no reason in 2011 to pull out the "they shouldn't do this just as new GN'R is starting to gain traction". Not saying you are, but i've heard it around. It's bullshit.

In 2011, the old band and the new band can completely co-exist with this much positivity between the two.

I could easily see them reuniting at the Rock Hall, then turning right back around and Axl hitting the road with the new band and staying the course.

Anybody that brings bullshit at him, he can simply say "I never ever said a full-fledged GN'R reunion was ever going to happen".

If people don't want to buy tickets to Axl's shows over it, then Axl knows what he needs to do. Actually reunite.

My point is...

This is their destiny. This is the "put up or shut up" moment, and it finally got forced on Axl. He's finally gonna have to confront the past head on.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I hear ya and no I've not suggested he shouldn't do it to spare the new band. I just realize it's a tight spot and yeah nobody put him in this pot but himself so.....

I dont' see a performance with  the old guys helping his cause with the new band though. It's just gonna make those who already wont' accept the new band as Guns even more stuborn and it's gonna cause some who support the new band to just say fuck it just reunite.

I'm one of those. If there is nothing new planned but touring I do say fuck it and reunite. IF they plan on releasing some new stuff then ok do it but either shit or get off the pot(reunite)

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What choice?

And the media is gonna run wild IF Axl performs with the entire AFD-lineup.

All the headlines in the music press are gonna be of a nature that doesen't benefit the version of GNR that has excisted since '97.

If I had to bet money on what would happen, I'd say Axl performs a small accustic set with Duff and Izzy.
Or Axl doesen't show at all and the whole thing is just embarressing for EVERYONE!

In either scenario, the negative media backlash will be over within a week. RRHOF inductions is not the center of the universe. I'd bet that if you asked the casual rockfan at ANY rockshow what happened at the Van Halen induction, the majority wouldn't know!

AtariLegend wrote:

It won't be "bury the hatchet" from the press, it'll be Slash forgives Axl. Axl will be buried by the media whatever he does at this point.

As for the Hall Of Fame itself, it's presumably another North Amercian thing. Coverage from the music media here is normally brief at best, little different from the World Music Awards every year. Known off, but not that big a deal.

I have no problm, if Axl performs or not, or what kind of message it sends. Reality is though, certain posters are still going to be crying for a reunion tour either way. The whole thing 2012 thing has been used as an excuse for the entire last decade, this is the end of nothing.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I reckon Axl might do it, he doesn't see any issue with Duff being around the new band at all so like Axlin said, he may just play with the old band and steam on ahead with the new.

I think Axl has rehabilitated himself a great deal with press & public on this tour. He's good humoured, looks healthy and is singing his ass off.

People could well accept the idea of seeing the old band once more like they did watching Jason Newsted playing with Metallica and getting on with the fact that the old line up is dead and gone and never coming back.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Is there a rule that they HAVE to perform?

Get out of your box, people. Path of least resistance is the path. 'Thank you'. Bow. Next person.

Board footer