You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Trunk Interviews RRHOF President

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Just listening to more now, and Eddie phrased it as, Joel (the Rock Hall prez) had spoken to "representatives" of the original five and had been told that they would all attend.  So if Slash is saying he never RSVP'd, it could have been someone in his camp, if that's at all possible.

A listener called in and questioned why Dizzy Reed gets in and Ronnie James Dio didn't get in with Black Sabbath.  Eddie agreed that Ronnie should've gotten in, as he's a huge fan and was a friend of Ronnie's.  He did go on to say though that Dizzy was a member during the Illusions and he was on the records, and Gilby Clarke was not so that's where the line was drawn.  Don Jamieson joked that Buckethead wasn't getting inducted.  And Eddie said that if you could make a case for anyone post Dizzy Reed, Buckethead would probably be the guy as his impact on the band is still being felt and was a bridge to the current lineup.

See that's why I hate the fact that Axl even reads the internet. I'd hope he doesn't take any of it seriously.

Right now there's alot of new band fanboys that consider Fernando a member of GN'R, running around stirring up shit and lying about a bunch of stuff to do everything they can to turn anything close to a reunion into a negative situation.

There's alot of fuckin' nerds on these boards, who's heads will explode on cue if they saw Axl & Slash being nice to each other.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Saikin wrote:

You know, if Axl does play with them and they play as GNR, for the new guys it would kinda be like someone watching their spouse fuck their ex-spouse right in front of them and right as they cum, turning to and going "Lube up, you're next."

I think that would only be the case if the original lineup was playing CD tracks which ain't gonna happen.

On the flip side I wonder if the original members think what you posted when watching the current lineup play their tunes!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Just listening to more now, and Eddie phrased it as, Joel (the Rock Hall prez) had spoken to "representatives" of the original five and had been told that they would all attend.  So if Slash is saying he never RSVP'd, it could have been someone in his camp, if that's at all possible.

A listener called in and questioned why Dizzy Reed gets in and Ronnie James Dio didn't get in with Black Sabbath.  Eddie agreed that Ronnie should've gotten in, as he's a huge fan and was a friend of Ronnie's.  He did go on to say though that Dizzy was a member during the Illusions and he was on the records, and Gilby Clarke was not so that's where the line was drawn.  Don Jamieson joked that Buckethead wasn't getting inducted.  And Eddie said that if you could make a case for anyone post Dizzy Reed, Buckethead would probably be the guy as his impact on the band is still being felt and was a bridge to the current lineup.

See that's why I hate the fact that Axl even reads the internet. I'd hope he doesn't take any of it seriously.

Right now there's alot of new band fanboys that consider Fernando a member of GN'R, running around stirring up shit and lying about a bunch of stuff to do everything they can to turn anything close to a reunion into a negative situation.

There's alot of fuckin' nerds on these boards, who's heads will explode on cue if they saw Axl & Slash being nice to each other.

Oh man a renuion would be classic just to see the reaction of the completely brainwashed. I'd love to see the reaction on HTGTH. That woudld be entertainment to see all these dorks who cursed Slash and said Slash was a nothing and then watch them support Slash cause Axl does  and start talking about how stupid Bukethead wa san how overrated he was and how he only wore a KFC bucket to mock Slash 14

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Saikin wrote:

You know, if Axl does play with them and they play as GNR, for the new guys it would kinda be like someone watching their spouse fuck their ex-spouse right in front of them and right as they cum, turning to and going "Lube up, you're next."

I think that would only be the case if the original lineup was playing CD tracks which ain't gonna happen.

On the flip side I wonder if the original members think what you posted when watching the current lineup play their tunes!

Apples and oranges.  Slash, Duff, Izzy - they quit GNR, by their own choice.

GNR still has current members.  To see other people perform as GNR is kinda a slap in the dick to them.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Ha ha aye after Axl made them his employees. Yeah man get the new line up up on stage and they can play Riad, thats probably as close to an original song these members can claim credit to!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Thanks for clarifying faldor!

And if Axl shows up without causing a stink about the new guys that's really good on him. Most bands won't show without putting in the new members. Like I'm sure RHCP will do.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Oh man a renuion would be classic just to see the reaction of the completely brainwashed. I'd love to see the reaction on HTGTH. That woudld be entertainment to see all these dorks who cursed Slash and said Slash was a nothing and then watch them support Slash cause Axl does  and start talking about how stupid Bukethead wa san how overrated he was and how he only wore a KFC bucket to mock Slash 14

Would never happen. Too many people are too invested in being RIGHT.

They would literally sit there, and talk about how much the old band sucks, and they knew they'd suck, and how Axl was "this close" to a new album, and the reunion fucked it up. They're done being a G N' R fan.

It would be embarassing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't know about that...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Omfg!!!  That is soooo awesome!  Hahaha, cornrows Axl at the end...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA that never gets old

Board footer