You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: When's Album?

polluxlm wrote:

Something, anything!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Updated with the latest Fortus & Dizzy quotes. We'll see what happens in 2014.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Not much in 2014 - or the next year, for that! 16

But figured it's handy to have all the stuff in the same thread, if only for peeps to see what a demented journey CD2's been having.

Looking at Fortus' comments, there was a definite shift in tone in May 2013. He pretty much admitted from thereon out that Guns were doing something in the studio again, only poor Ron was completely out of the loop.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think that's why Ron had such the attitude leaving, whether 2014 or 2015. Ron was pissed. I think it finally dawned on him Axl had no intention using him further in the studio, especially after the disaster and universally hated reaction fans had to his re-arrangement of Catcher In The Rye.

Axl might've stayed nice to him, just to try to spare his feelings, but it sounded to me like the band was done with him, as were the fans, and it was actually Axl that really had no other choice than to just kind of tell Ron "you look so cute in that dress" to keep his spirits high. Ron also said Del James was there for him alot too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Axl had no intention using him further in the studio, especially after the disaster and universally hated reaction fans had to his re-arrangement of Catcher In The Rye.

I have not listened to that since it came out. That version is just atrocious. I was shocked that such a beautiful song could be ruined to that extent.  Axl should have leaked that version of the song before handing the album in to the label to gauge the reaction. If ANY CD track deserved an opinion from hardcore fans before release, it was that one.

That original CITR is one of the few songs we've heard from the CD sessions that might have actually did something had the album been released in that 2001-02 time frame.

On the old version of the site years ago, I said as much as I love the song it needed some more guitar work, maybe Bucket on acoustic or something.

Be careful what you wish for...  16

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Axl had no intention using him further in the studio, especially after the disaster and universally hated reaction fans had to his re-arrangement of Catcher In The Rye.

I have not listened to that since it came out. That version is just atrocious. I was shocked that such a beautiful song could be ruined to that extent.  Axl should have leaked that version of the song before handing the album in to the label to gauge the reaction. If ANY CD track deserved an opinion from hardcore fans before release, it was that one.

That original CITR is one of the few songs we've heard from the CD sessions that might have actually did something had the album been released in that 2001-02 time frame.

On the old version of the site years ago, I said as much as I love the song it needed some more guitar work, maybe Bucket on acoustic or something.

Be careful what you wish for...  16

I agree wholeheartedly. With all of that. The original CITR was beautiful. It really had the potential to be something more. Sure, I think we can all concede it needed some work. But like you said, be careful what you wish for 22

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I think that's why Ron had such the attitude leaving, whether 2014 or 2015. Ron was pissed. I think it finally dawned on him Axl had no intention using him further in the studio, especially after the disaster and universally hated reaction fans had to his re-arrangement of Catcher In The Rye.

Axl might've stayed nice to him, just to try to spare his feelings, but it sounded to me like the band was done with him, as were the fans, and it was actually Axl that really had no other choice than to just kind of tell Ron "you look so cute in that dress" to keep his spirits high. Ron also said Del James was there for him alot too.

Agreed. I will always believe Ron was added on CD only as a big middle finger to Bucket. And would wager Ron replaced Bucket on Catcher, not May... For the record, I was never a fan of May's solo, either.

I really hope this makes Axll strip all of Ron's parts off any future recordings.

And anyone who heard Ron's solo work should have told them there was no way Axl would use his stuff.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If Axl was willing to alter the album just to "give the middle finger" to Bucket, then he no longer gave even the tiniest of shits about the album or its legacy. I do find it hard to imagine ANYONE involved in the project hearing that version and saying, "OK, this song is finished. Couldn't get any better."

I never liked Ron's solo material either and was always honest about it, although I did hold my tongue to a certain extent since he came here to chat a few times and did that interview.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

mickey_and_goofy_steppin___out_by_zombiegoon-d58ua5v.jpg
Axl and Bumble hit the stage.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I'm not too big a fan of Ron's parts on CD. Hopefully CD2 is gonna be more Robin/Bucket/Richard than anybody else..

Board footer