You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: NFL Playoffs

smoke wrote:

GO PATS!!!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Great games, great matchups next week too!   I just don't wanna see SF/Balt in the SB because all we'll hear about for two weeks is "Two brothers growing up together, coaching against each other in the SB"  "Who will their parents root for" "They text each other every night"  blah blah blah.

Anything else I'm ok with.  Looking forward to seeing Ray Lewis play one more big game, not sure how many he has left in him.  He's gotta be 36 or 37?!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so now we get

NE vs Bal
NYG vs SF

that san fran New oreleans game was insane!

Yeah that game was fantastic, and I think shocked alot of people. Most thought NYG & GB was gonna be the game of the week.

We might look back on that NO & SF game as being better than the Super Bowl this year by the time it's done. One of the most intense playoff games i've ever seen. It was like watching Madden: The Video Game on live TV.

I frankly could care less what the Super Bowl match up is at this point. I entirely pulling for the NFC. I would prefer the 49ers take it all.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think nationally, a Pats/Giants Super Bowl would be the most popular.  You have the whole Boston/NY thing, the rematch from 2007, Brady vs. Manning, defense vs. offense.  But really, there's a legit storyline for any matchup, although Baltimore/NYG might be the weakest.  A rematch of the 2000 Super Bowl.  Not sure that carries too much weight.  NE/SF would be Brady going against his hometown team trying to tie Joe Montana's record 4 Super Bowl wins.  The NFL is in a pretty good spot.

I keep waiting for the Giants to cool off, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  The Niners (Alex Smith) showed they can put up points, albeit against a bad defense.  I wouldn't expect the game against the Giants to be so high scoring.  The early forecast was for rain in that game, which could ultimately favor San Fran, but we will see.

Pats looked unbeatable this weekend, BUT you have to consider the opponent.  Baltimore is a far cry from Denver.  I thought all year long that the 2 best teams in the AFC were Baltimore and Pittsburgh, with New England coming in at number 3.  The Pats had the benefit of an easy schedule (they STILL haven't beaten a team with a WINNING record this season).  They seem to be rounding into form, but haven't had a huge test in awhile.  That comes this Sunday.  Baltimore's D has had some success against Brady in the past, but this Patriots team has far more weapons than any previous rosters.  I don't think they have enough to shut down the Pats offense, and I don't think they can score enough to hang with them in the end.  At least I hope that's the case.

Either way, here's Tom's better half.

[youtube]LXDWoH6VRp8&feature=plcp&context=C3fa9036UDOEgsToPDskJZZ2DJncDBgJnVhX9scyhZ[/youtube]

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Never got the Gisele thing.

I think his first squeeze, actress Bridget Moynahan was FAR hotter.

bridget_moynahan-shorts.jpg

That girl needs to eat.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Ravens-Giants SB.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I wouldn't Pats-Giants or Ravens-Giants.  I don't want to see any SB with the 49ers in it.  Pats definitely got lucky with all the injuries and inconsistent play in the AFC.  It'll be an interesting test since I'm not sold on the Ravens CB play.  On the other side, Pats play a real qb this week in Joe Flacco.  He might not be elite but he can actually throw a forward pass.  I think it'll be close but I think the Ravens squeak it out.

I think the Giants are on a roll and win in SF.  I hate Brandon Jacobs though, the guy has been pretty useless this year.  It didn't help that I had him on my fantasy team for a portion of the year.  The SF offense looked pretty suspect in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of the Saints game.

Eli has been on fire on 3rd downs.  I think it continues.  It's weird how Eli is the more superior qb in the postseason when it comes to the Manning brothers.  Peyton was pretty predictable in that you pressure him and just wait for him to make a critical error.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Seeing how well New England played and how poorly Balitmore played, I see the Patriots winning at home very likely. Flacco is a good QB, but Tom Brady will be overwhelming against the Ravens D.

As for Giants-49ers, this will be a very interesting game. The popular vote is Giants but the 49ers are at home with momentum. Wouldnt be suprised if either team won, both played fantastic last week

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm going with the 49ers all the way.

Sky Dog wrote:

I'll take SF to cover the 2.5 points and will take the Ravens to cover 7.5 points...Pats win but it is a close game.

Board footer