You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Ashba says there are Guns-dates booked for February!

Naltav wrote:

Saw this over on htgth.

Around 09:30, DJ talks about future plans and he mentions that GNR has some dates booked for February. That's the first I've heard of it.

Is he just mixing his different bands together and mentions the wrong band or did he just put his foot in his mouth again?

The only new rumoured date(s) I've heard of are somewhere in Polen in the summertime.

Surprise acoustic shows maybe? Would be a good idea to do some lowbudget shows to smooth the fans over until the next "real deal".
One can dream!
smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … huTbmVuPuk

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He might have it mixed up, but he directly changed the topic from Sixx:AM to directly say that there were Guns dates booked for February, then talked about some Crue dates in Vegas.

He actually brought up Guns & Crue to talk about as a reason to say why nothing would be going on with Sixx:AM for awhile.

I personally think he's tripping, or we haven't been told something. I DO NOT see GN'R doing anything before the Hall show.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

He also says he's written 12 new songs (which Axl likes) for the next GN'R album...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe they will ride the high and keep it goin...but i am with axlin if i had to guess i would say nothing's happening til RnRHoF

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Well I would take this with a grain of salt when it comes to Guns making any kind of plans involving touring or anything else. At least DJ and Axl are doing something in terms of thinking of ideas and writing songs. That's a big step for the guys right now. As long as it doesn't take another 10 years to record a few songs, I'm happy. It sounds like DJ wants to make a record from the ground up with the current lineup which is actually a good idea. I agree with the rest of you on the concept of waiting after the induction or during the induction to see what Axl and the GNR alumni past and present wants to do. Is the original lineups going to play? Will it just be Steven and Slash? It's going to be quite a story when it all goes down. I think the perfect idea toward the end is that everyone who showed that has been in the band comes on stage and does an epic version of Paradise City to blow the roof off the Hall.

Lomax wrote:

Only thing those fuckers should be booking at this stage is studio time

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Riad wrote:

LOL, I tend to agree with you mate, but LOL anyway.

Not so many years ago, we were close to a mass-riot because GNR wasn't touring or seemed to do anything at all.

And now you cuss them out because you want them BACK into the studio.

I mean, I want another album as well, and I agree, but you have to see the comedy in this.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I can see the comedy in it, but also that in reality, I want them to carry forward with the momentum they've got. And that momentum, in a functional band, would naturally demand studio time at this point.

Ultimately whatever happens, I just don't want them going dormant again.

Lomax wrote:
DCK wrote:
Riad wrote:

LOL, I tend to agree with you mate, but LOL anyway.

Not so many years ago, we were close to a mass-riot because GNR wasn't touring or seemed to do anything at all.

And now you cuss them out because you want them BACK into the studio.

I mean, I want another album as well, and I agree, but you have to see the comedy in this.

Yeah I'm not totally retarded. They need to make a record now, if there isn't a new record soon..... These boards will be deserted.

The only reason anyone hung around for the past what 16 years? is because there was a promise of an album of mythical proportions just over the next hill.

Now there's nothing to hold on for AND GNR are being just as aloof as ever.

If something doesn't come fast in the shape of an album title, people are gona jump ship, and by people I mean CD era hangers on.

Gnr's online fans will revert to an old gnr fanbase and all of this shit will fall apart.

Maybe....

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

What I am very interested to see is if this GNR go the way of VR..

Sophomore album slump..

Board footer