You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Anyone else notice

I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that the site Mega Upload is offline now, I clicked a link to download something and there was this pic

banner.jpg

lafayettecopssuck
 Rep: 2 

are you serious....you are witnessing the death of an era

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The U.S. Dept of Justice claims the seizing of MegaUpload had nothing to do with SOPA going before congress... blah blah blah.

Either way it's a first for the U.S. If they can take down MegaUpload, all of the rest of them are next.

Did you know that Kim Dotcom was making like $175 million a year on ad revenue and subscription packages living in a mansion in New Zealand?

In that case... I kinda agree with Duff. Fuck you man.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I heard it was back up but only as ip address and hosted in nederlands or something. Not that I ever use, got my my own space.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

My favorite(4shared) is supposedly on the verge of shutting down themselves. We're definitely entering a new phase in the free download/upload era.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think 4shared has a server based in Texas, or is that MediaFire?

Either way, alot of these U.S.-based ones are scared to death.

I think it's a knee jerk reaction. If they don't come back, they'll be replaced imo.

Lomax wrote:

They can take our megaupload but they'll never take our mediafire!!! ... Better get to downloading the entire back catalog of anyone who ever even kind of interested me quick before they shut everything down!.

Oh and how ironic is this ?

[youtube]K9caPFPQUNs&feature=related[/youtube]

Look at all the god damn artists in that video.!!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

I think 4shared has a server based in Texas, or is that MediaFire?

Either way, alot of these U.S.-based ones are scared to death.

I think it's a knee jerk reaction. If they don't come back, they'll be replaced imo.

I'm going to flip a shit if MediaFire gets shut down or they decide to close down on their own terms due to the fear of being reported. Even though I think I got all my music and crap taken care of for the time being.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well i guess this is a bit of back story why its shut down

----------------------------

..Imprisoned Megaupload founder loses ‘Call of Duty’ crown
..By Ben Silverman

The founder of file-sharing site Megaupload isn't just considered one of the most notorious digital pirates in the world: he's also one of the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 players around.

Unfortunately for Kim Dotcom, he's no longer on top of either game.

Last week, Dotcom was arrested in his New Zealand mansion over accusations that Megaupload cost copyright holders $500 million in lost revenue by facilitating millions of illegal downloads. That's keeping him tied up in court, which means he's not doing what any hardcore gamer should be doing: protecting his high score.

Thanks to his brush with the law, however, he's slipped to the number 2 spot, usurped by a most-definitely-not-in-jail gamer named Azaros. Seeing as how Dotcom's been denied bail -- he's been deemed an 'extreme flight risk' -- it looks like Azaros' score is pretty safe for now.

Not that anyone should feel sorry for Dotcom. Though he's denied allegations that he was responsible for one of the world's biggest entertainment piracy operations, his lavish lifestyle has become a focal point of the investigation. Thanks to Megaupload's popularity, authorities believe he has roughly $175 million in assets.

And boy, does it show. In addition to pricey art and a fleet of expensive automobiles -- including a 1959 pink Cadillac and a Rolls Royce Phantom -- he reportedly owns a swimming pool filled with imported spring water. Even cooler? One entire wall of his mansion is outfitted with seven 60-inch HD screens, each with its own Xbox 360 console and Lazyboy recliner. That's some serious man-caving.

Board footer