You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction 25th Anniversary Fan Pack

Axlin12 wrote:

I actually came into Page 2 to say exactly what you did ID.

What Axl (and the rest of the old band needs) is someone like Brendan O'Brien go in there and whatever made that original album so good, just keep it and bring it up. Nothing more.

I've felt AFD has needed it for years. I honestly was never nuts about the mix for AFD (needs more dynamic dimension to it, make it louder without distorting it, imho). O'Brien would do it without burying anybody, nor doing the "loud wars" with it so it was distorted and awful.

I would love to see some remixing of UYI one day. Now that would be the tricky thing. I would love to hear a stripped down re-mixed, re-released UYI. Something that removes ALL vocal special effects and voice over garbage, and is just GN'R rocking. Not to mention UYI has alot of stuff sitting in the garage that could be totally redone and thrown in on a bonus disc.

As far as Axl using the current GN'R to re-arrange AFD, and throw in some Lies & UYI songs -- just keep it. I wouldn't mind hearing it, but it needs to be saved as a bonus disc for a future GN'R original album as a selling point. But in reality for me, I would've loved to hear a Robin/Bucket-fueled 2001-02 remixed AFD with some of their unique solo rearrangements. Because they WERE SO DIFFERENT from what came before.

The current GN'R, no matter how good they are, are obviously there paying tribute to the old band. Full on. DJ handles Slash, Ron handles Bucket, Richard channels Slash, Izzy & Gilby mixed together, while Tommy basically admitted he just "does it like Duff".

I have no interest in hearing that band re-arranging AFD. There's no point. At least there was a point in that in that 2001-02 band.

A bonus disc like that would really help sell a new album with extra content to please fans and get people into the new band that Chinese couldn't do. I think the song that would be the most difficult to remix from UYI would probably be Coma since it has those sound effects and overdubs that help shape the song; but I would love to hear it stripped down with Axl's vocal, Duff's pounding bass, and the screaming guitars of Slash. Izzy needs to be heard better in the mix! Exactly on the comment about the current lineup. I'm glad this band still tries to respect past alumni; but still show their own skill.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

DJ channels Slash by watering down all of Slash's solos?  And then in the hard parts (SCOM) Ron has to come in to play...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Looking at Axl's spirited stance against the RNRHOF for not recognising the new guys he sure is happy to keep pumping out the product that has the old band all over it.

Makes me wonder if he really is serious about pushing the latest line up as people at all and if in reality, he sees GNR like a football team where he's the manager and the players will come and go as the brand sees fit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is a remastered version of Shadow Of Your Love that was put on the LIES re-issue. Take out the audiance sounds and it could have been a cool addition to a special edition of AFD.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I would love to see some remixing of UYI one day. Now that would be the tricky thing. I would love to hear a stripped down re-mixed, re-released UYI. Something that removes ALL vocal special effects and voice over garbage, and is just GN'R rocking.

Aussie,

Do you remember the Alan Niven tapes? I recall them being a stripped-down affair, musically a grand display of the band at its peak.

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is a remastered version of Shadow Of Your Love that was put on the LIES re-issue. Take out the audiance sounds and it could have been a cool addition to a special edition of AFD.

I would take that and Reckless Life over Anything Goes and You're Crazy (electric) any day of the week.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If we're destined to get a hits album in the relatively near future instead of a new album, I wish they'd go the Soundgarden route. All the hits, some deep cuts, a few live tracks(Patience live with Don Henley on drums, Civil War Farm Aid,etc.), and one new song by a 21st century lineup. They can push the new song to promote the hits album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

If they had brains, that's what they'd do.

But this is GN'R.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That double album Best Of with a new "old" song would have been nice. I think it would be kind of tacky for the new line up to add "their" song on a best of album. But the rest sounds cool. Put on SOYL, Nice Boys, RL and Cornchucker, remastered and remixed.

Board footer