You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

monkeychow wrote:

Regarding this thread: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 26#p249126

I'm sorry to not let this go....but it doesn't seem remotely reasonable to me.

Recapping then, when Bono says people are fanboys that's apparently an insult but if I point out that the reason he's paranoid about fanboys is because high profile members of the GNR fanbase post nonsense for rewards from management thats just me "enabling" him.

Meanwhile it's fine for other uses to bait him...or as it's been said....."play his own game" on him? But if he responds and says that that response to his post and the attempt to mock/bait him are 'pathetic'...then he's given time out for being a problem user?

I'm sorry but he should be allowed to post a ridiculous opinion like TWAT is a bad song, and if other people think it's ridiculous then fine call him on it, but if they themselves are going to do so in a manner that's somewhat provocational themselves, then it doesn't seem reasonable to suddenly get all hurt and thin-skinned about etiquette when he calls the attempt to bait him pathetic.

There's a number of users here who can get quite belligerent during a debate.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah, Im not a fan of "bans" especially to long time members. screams HTGTH a little too much for me and that's my biggest fear with this place.

been great but I can almost feel the tide turning day by day.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just fyi, I don't think Bono said ANYTHING really all that offensive.

But at the same time he's went back to the well over and over again with the same tired schtick.

For example, someone like me who's gotten way belligerent in the past during debates, including our long time members all the way up through admin/management, usually when we go asshole in threads, almost always apologies are thrown around when the smoke settles, and I don't ever remember it EVER being repeated. Most of us felt truely sorry, said our peace, and took a new day and moved on.

Bono on the other hand... does the same thing over and over again. At the same time, he ain't Bono without it. He's a promo cutter alright, and in fairness we have a couple of people around here that are frankly -- tender assed. Even the slightest aggressive critique of anything they say and they're being "attacked".

Grow some hair on your balls.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think a LOT of people overreacted Bono's two posts about TWAT. He didn't elaborate his opinion on the song (for the 943rd time), but hey, liking it without deep elaboration isn't trolling, right? But disliking it in a short post it is? Maybe there is a double-standard.

Hell broke loose when all the agressive and passive agressive flood against Bono went on without a warning (or warnings), yet when Bono got in the ring and flood them with the "delusional", "moron" etc badges, he got banned. I'm sure if the hatred against him couldn't have flood without a notice, this wouldn't have happened (including his last, heated and very hard posts of the past hours).

So yes, my problem is that new band fans can go forever with the agressive and passive agressive posts, they can go with their stir shit up posts, which are all insults, masked better or worse - but Bono is banned for his unmasked insult. I'd say either warn and ban all sides, or nobody. Would prefer the first.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

obv i was wrong. you don't have a sense of humour enough to be trolling.

14 Bwhahahahaha. Boom, end game.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

This is live from our database:- Banned Members

The above page lists all members who have been banned from GNR Evo in our 5 years online (128 in total), and the reason they were banned (where a reason was stated at the time of the ban).

Looking through the list I'd say around 60% is spam, 35% are the same poster creating multiple new accounts after an original ban (eg. see BBAs multiple bans), and the final 5% were members who weren't a good fit for this community for whatever reason.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I was temporarily banned several times over the years (though none recently).  I think the rules here are pretty reasonable and getting banned takes some effort to ignore warnings (yes, that's how I got banned).

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Bono got banned? Rock and roll, dude, rock and roll.

Board footer