You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Gods of Metal June 22nd

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Guns N' Roses does absolutely fucking nothing today, and has no reason to exist. Alot of people say, "it's still alot better than the 2003-2005" period.

I've always disagreed. I remember that period, and today is far worse. You want to know why?

When GN'R was inactive from 2003-05, nobody cared because they literally weren't doing anything at all.

2012 is far worse. They are actually touring!

...and nobody cares. Each tour the attendence has gone further down. Are they finished? Not yet, but at the same time it shows when even the die-est of the diehards are basically becoming 'indifferent' to what Axl and his band are doing.

They aren't even passionate enough to hate him anymore, because he literally does NOTHING to promote himself or give validity for his existence in the music scene.

I see what you're saying and agree on some level, but the band is still touring and playing great shows as far as I can tell.  So they're still highly relevant for the crowds that are able to see them on any given night.  I myself am a little burnt out on this tour because they already hit the US and probably won't be back for some time.  So in that sense, I'm ready for a new album.  The same way, fans OUTSIDE the US were ready for a new album when the US tour was announced.  THAT didn't effect them personally, so it wasn't a top priority.  Same thing here.  It has nothing to do with GNR being finished or things being better when they're inactive.  Some of us are just ready for ROUND 2.

It's not the same thing. They just played Europe in 2010, with basically the same fuckin' show. People act like it's been YEARS.

It's the same old thing.

Sky Dog wrote:

the european tour is doing very well...fyi. It's a cash grab, but it has done well.

IMG_2960-600x400.jpg

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Guns N' Roses does absolutely fucking nothing today, and has no reason to exist. Alot of people say, "it's still alot better than the 2003-2005" period.

I've always disagreed. I remember that period, and today is far worse. You want to know why?

When GN'R was inactive from 2003-05, nobody cared because they literally weren't doing anything at all.

2012 is far worse. They are actually touring!

...and nobody cares. Each tour the attendence has gone further down. Are they finished? Not yet, but at the same time it shows when even the die-est of the diehards are basically becoming 'indifferent' to what Axl and his band are doing.

They aren't even passionate enough to hate him anymore, because he literally does NOTHING to promote himself or give validity for his existence in the music scene.

I see what you're saying and agree on some level, but the band is still touring and playing great shows as far as I can tell.  So they're still highly relevant for the crowds that are able to see them on any given night.  I myself am a little burnt out on this tour because they already hit the US and probably won't be back for some time.  So in that sense, I'm ready for a new album.  The same way, fans OUTSIDE the US were ready for a new album when the US tour was announced.  THAT didn't effect them personally, so it wasn't a top priority.  Same thing here.  It has nothing to do with GNR being finished or things being better when they're inactive.  Some of us are just ready for ROUND 2.

It's not the same thing. They just played Europe in 2010, with basically the same fuckin' show. People act like it's been YEARS.

It's the same old thing.

My point is, it's been the same thing for some time now.  It still doesn't take away from the fact that they still put on a solid show on a nightly basis.  For THOSE fans in the cities they're touring, they're still a factor.  And they are playing SOME different cities.  A few new cities in France, Tel Aviv.  It's not a complete carbon copy of the 2010 Euro tour.  Anyway, the tour is going on year 3 now, which is long for any tour.  Hell, people were ready to move on before the US tour started.  My guess is, the money for the summer European festivals was too good to pass up so they worked a tour around them.  If we see no action in the fall, then I'll start to worry.  But I don't really see the harm in this tour.  It seems to be going pretty well overall, regardless of how stale it has gotten to follow along from across the pond.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I don't think Axl necessarily fucked himself with the casual fans by skipping the Hall of Fame induction. He actually seems to have gained a surprisingly decent enough amount of respect for it. And like the man himself said, no matter what his decision, he was more or less set up to fail in the eyes of someone. But, especially in retrospect, even I can agree with where he was coming from in trying to preserve the integrity of his current band without also cockteasing his entire fanbase with a faux reunion he knew he wanted no part of. And speaking of that basketball interview -- one of my personal favorite Axl clips -- did anyone stop to consider that the dude just loves basketball and was in his element talking about his favorite team/favorite player and not talking about GN'R? That and maybe he was just high. And by maybe I mean most definitely. So what? Like we didn't know Axl smokes weed.

Board footer