You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Evil Dead Remake (NEW, Full Red Band Trailer)

smoke wrote:

You should watch the originals sometime. I think they're both streaming on Netflix. If for noother reason than to appreciate why this movie is almost impossible to conceive of as a remake. I'm really interested in seeing it, but also really unsure they'll pull it off.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The original Evil Dead is available to stream on Netflix, but Evil Dead II is not.

Evil Dead II is available to stream on Amazon Prime, but Evil Dead is not.

just fyi for Russ; I think he has both

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

So siked for this film. big_smile They aren't using any CGI and using practical effects which brings back that classic horror feeling. This trailer has definitely sold me on this new vision of the film series and I hope the final version rocks.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I bet it ends up having CGI. I've heard horror/slasher films for years say "no CGI, we're going old school" to appease fans, and tbh I think it's a great idea as I HATE MODERN HORROR FILMS, because of all of the CGI.

But usually even after they claim no CGI... they still end up doing it. Alien vs. Predator was such a letdown after all of those claims. Then AvP: Requiem went old school (mostly) and had alot of throwback Rated-R blood n' guts, but like the first film -- it sucked. Oh well. hmm

AtariLegend wrote:

Problems with CGI, despite being more expensive. It makes films look cheap and unrealistic more often than it helps.

Me_Wise_Magic

Early reviews have come in from various early screenings from cons and film events for press and reviewers. All seem to be extremely positive. IGN.com gave the film a 9/10. No Bruce cameo from what I've heard; but they said it's horror at its finest and fun as hell to watch with friends. Looks like I'm checking this film out when April rolls around.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I still think i'm gonna wait for the Netflix Blu-ray, with a Bruce-less Evil Dead film.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

I see. I've been hearing nothing but good things about the movie from friends. They said it was awesome.  Seeing it tomorrow with my bro. It got some great press too. I'll give my full opinion about it tomorrow night. smile

Me_Wise_Magic

Saw it this past Saturday. It was actually really good and well made. Even for a remake. Of course fans of the originals probably will have problems with the film. It's not perfect; but it's a ton of fun to watch with friends and offers the goods for the most part. It's a solid horror flick if you don't compare it with the previous works and one of the better horror flicks I've seen this year. For new fans, it's something fresh. Cast is solid. The girl who plays Mia is fucking great. There are some pace issues and some scenes could of been tweaked with the script a tad; but those were my only gripes. Problems were quite small or hardly effected the film's tone. Scenes in trailer were cut from theatrical version. Only a few I believe. Of course they are going to have a superior final cut of the film on DVD/Blu Ray, On Demand. Oh yeah don't leave when the credits roll. 22 What I admire is that this film really respects the original; but doesn't depend too much on the previous material. It's more engaging and entertaining then it is scary; but that's all I have to say at the moment. Probably going to see it again with a bigger group later or maybe a date if I can get one. 16 While Mama, Sinister and a few others had some great ideas and spooks. Their endings fell flat and left out some details that could of improved the films themselves. Put my thoughts on the the movie watching thread as well.

Board footer