You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Windows 8

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

No intention to upgrade for quite some time. First off, I LOVE Windows 7. Second, this thing could be the next ME/Vista, and I wouldn't want to be an early adopter til I see what kind of pick up rate it gets.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I had Windows ME for years.  It was quite bad.  My friend, who works with computers was constantly making fun of me for sticking with it.  Probably because I had to call him over to fix my computer every couple of months.  It finally got to a point where it was unfixable.  Lasted me about a decade though.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I can get it for $14.99 since I just had to but a new laptop.  Not sure if I'm going to do it or not.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
smoke wrote:

No intention to upgrade for quite some time. First off, I LOVE Windows 7.

Windows 7 actually works.

Which is what Vista never did.

faldor wrote:

I had Windows ME for years.  It was quite bad.

Win 2000.

XP's media compatibility with NT4's multitasking. Oh, yes.

Lomax wrote:

Give it a little while I'd say. See if this floats or sinks first. I still think XP is almost perfect

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've been thinking about buying some new Windows 7 software (I misplaced mine, and would like to System Recover, and start anew), but I have LOVED Windows 7. Best since Windows '98 (the Holy Grail for me). Hated Vista with a passion. XP was decent though.

Curious to see what Windows 8 is about.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I reckon windows 7 kicks arse i mite wait till they iron out a few bugs before i check it out

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I lost faith in microsoft.

Win 3.1 was bad, then 3.11 was better, then Win 95 was ok, then win 98 was bad until service pack 2 that made it stable, then ME came out and was so bad that it's rarely even mentioned by microsoft now, then XP came out and was pretty good, then they forced us onto vista that sucked, then a short time later it's all about windows 7...and now 8....

After visa I considered myself burnt for the last time and went to mac.

I'm sick of being microsoft's test mouse. Do some fucking product testing before you release products rather than releasing unstable bullshit then fixing it when the whole world has to restore for the 10th time in a week and complains.

Board footer