You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Soundgarden Discussion (King Animal out NOW!)

James wrote:

Been listening to this manna from heaven and By Crooked Steps is one of the best songs in their discography. I cant stop listening to it. They should have titled the song 'Crack Cocaine'. It's best song of 2012 at this point. If someone has heard a better song than that this year, post a link.

BLS, check out that song. I know you're on the fence when it comes to these grunge bands, but you'll dig this heavy shit.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I am digging crooked steps and blood on the valley floor. Those two grabbed me. Two great songs. And I haven't even listened to them with real speakers. Using my phone at the moment. So I am excited to hear them properly.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Kim Thayil's Beard wrote:

Been listening to this manna from heaven and By Crooked Steps is one of the best songs in their discography. I cant stop listening to it. They should have titled the song 'Crack Cocaine'. It's best song of 2012 at this point. If someone has heard a better song than that this year, post a link.

BLS, check out that song. I know you're on the fence when it comes to these grunge bands, but you'll dig this heavy shit.

You have broken my resolve.  16

It was nice of Dropbox to download them and place them in itunes automatically.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Full album streaming on iTunes now

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/11/s … ng-animal/

Link as I was having a hard time finding it.  Couldn't get to it through iTunes on the Mac, or the iPhone, or the iPad. 

(On a side note, Apple needs to fix iTunes)

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Kim Thayil's Beard wrote:

Well....they did it. Not only did they hit a grand slam, they knocked it clear out the stadium. Having said that, getting small clips of SG songs is not a true indication of the entire song. Their songs can go in the opposite direction in a matter of seconds.

Only listened once and will not listen anymore until the album leaks. It has to be appreciated in full. Not gonna burn myself out on clips. I'm glad you posted it though. It has a different sound than the other albums judging by these clips and the full songs heard(par for the SG course), but it definitely leans more towards DOTU than any of the others, which I expected.

Cornell's approach to his vocals seems to be different this time as well.

To those hearing Superunknown on prior clips/songs, do you still hear it?

So far though, not liking the idea of Halfway There.  It sounds like  a Carry On song.  But that's only from a clip.  So after that, I've decided to wait.

Just realized I fucked up and put the wrong song name here.  By Crooked Steps is awesome. 

Not sure how I feel about the clip of Halfway There.  That song sounds like Carry On to me.  From the clip.  So I admit it is hard to judge based on that. 

At the same time, it was good enough for those 4 guys, and none of the songs have disappointed so far.  Must have faith.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

It has leaked, kids...
I'm looking.
If someone finds it before me... Get at me.

EDIT**
Got it. big_smile 9

Lomax wrote:

Cool. Funnily, I have a soundgarden shaped hole in my PM inbox. I'd be mighty gracious if it got filed! If not that's cool. I've pre-ordered it anyway.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

I could use a PM as well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Did this with the U2 leak in 2009, so we'll do it again.

King Animal

***removed***

We'll leave that up for a few hours for those here that don't have it. Like U2, SG obviously don't care that people are hearing the full album before release so we'll allow a short term link here.

Give major karma to Furbush.

Board footer