You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Alice In Chains

I'm excited. Enjoyed Hollow as the first single; so if this song is just as good or better than that, then I may pick up this album when it gets released.  Album cover could be a little more engaging; but hey as long as the music's good that's fine with me. Hoping to see them at a festival in May. smile

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I actually got pretty bored of Hollow pretty quickly. It just drags for too long. Could be 2 minutes shorter and get it's point across.
I'm just hoping for a bit more interesting riffing and leads from Jerry, rather than drop tuned power chords.

Album artwork doesn't do much for me either, but as long as the music is good, thats all that matters.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Still debating/getting funds and thinking about going to that AIC show. Looking forward to the new single and album in the next week/months.

Artwork sucks, as does the album title. Un-AIC, and not in a good way. Don't really get it.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

New AIC single, Stone. I like this better than Hollow, but still not exactly sold on either of these new songs yet.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Hope the rest of the album has much better songs than Hollow and Stone

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

wow i have found the songs enjoyable, nothing has really had any "wow" factor.

want to hear more up-tempo stuff like we die young, them bones, again, or even check my brain.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

One thing that is great about these two songs so far, is that they both sound absolutely HUGE, production wise.

Everything just kicks you in the face, but in a good way.... 14 9

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

metallex78 wrote:

One thing that is great about these two songs so far, is that they both sound absolutely HUGE, production wise.

Everything just kicks you in the face, but in a good way.... 14 9

I concur. Seems they are going into a different production and writing approach while keeping that classic AIC sound in tact. A more modern approach and finding a new identity to please both old and new fans. Sort of like the last album was a tribute to Layne for the most part which worked great. This one is going to be different and perhaps more engaging and give a fresh perspective. I'm loving both songs so far. I personally think the album title is just to throw people off for the fun of it all.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It sounds like it's going to be sonically huge again production wise....I'm looking forward to hearing those drum fills and stuff away from youtube and maxed out on my stereo!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

We're going to be seeing them down in Miami Beach, I'm pretty stoked. Miami AND AIC??? Yea, that's awesome.

Board footer