You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash says Scott Weiland has been "FIRED" from Stone Temple Pilots

metallex78 wrote:

Slash was always pretty diplomatic about Scott since the VR split, but now I think Scott's constant reunion talk is really rubbing him up the wrong way, so he's no longer playing nice guy, and wants to put an end to it all for once.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Slash was always pretty diplomatic about Scott since the VR split, but now I think Scott's constant reunion talk is really rubbing him up the wrong way, so he's no longer playing nice guy, and wants to put an end to it all for once.

And, the fucked up part is, he's already squashed Weiland's "VR reunion" claims once before, a few months ago...In a professional, diplomatic way... Now, he's probably ready to light him up. This was the last warning.

Lomax wrote:

I've said it before and will continue to punch this point home. The only ONLY man who has the attitude and the delivery to front VR and to replace Axl rose is Liam Gallagher

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Furbush wrote:

And, the fucked up part is, he's already squashed Weiland's "VR reunion" claims once before, a few months ago...In a professional, diplomatic way... Now, he's probably ready to light him up. This was the last warning.

Exactly. It has to be getting annoying. When scott exited from the band Slash made it clear it was good riddance, and he's done nothing to change that perception. Meanwhile Slash has a new album out with his solo band - and he's been trying to direct questioning for some time away from GNR and away from VR and onto what he's got going on with that. And then scott keeps popping up in the press talking about reunions as if it's happening.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Prob feels good for Slash to finally make it without having to ride anybody's coattails *Perceivably*

He has such a great band with Myles and the conspirators, prob makes very similiar money, certainly is having great success... So why put yourself back into that stressful, shit situation?

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I think Slash was right, Scott is doing it only or the money and is back because of that. The man is happy, and he deserves to plough his own field.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Furbush wrote:

I always thought Scott was light in the pants when it came to talent. He pretty much proved that he is in his book....He IS a fraud. Period. I read his book.. In an hour and a half... And not in a "This is so good, I can't put it down" way, either.... He's a pretentious, money hungry fake. Anthony Keidis will flat out tell you his weird random lyrics are just goofy shit he sings that sounds cool. That they don't mean shit. I always expected that Scott's were the same kind of nonsensical hooey (which they undoubtedly are), but NOOOOO... He talks about his lyrics like they're all deep and fucking profound. He's an intolerable douche. I'm sure die hard Weiland fans loved the album... If he has them.

Slash was happy to rid himself of his shit. At least Axl is a genuinely talented, deep motherfucker...That' s probably why Slash talk shit  about Scott... And is almost giddy to blow the whistle on the STP firing. He is aware of his primary musical motivation....

I'm glad somebody said it other than me, or it would've just been typical "Axlin".

I have always hated Weiland, and i've always hated Stone Temple Pilots for the posers they came across as. People bag on Creed, well STP gave birth to them imo. The band that should've had STP's success was Candlebox of the initial bag of Post-Grunge imposters.

Weiland is a horrific writer that I myself could surpass. I've been threatening for years to re-write Fall To Pieces (I probably should), not that anyone would care, but it just bugs me, because Scott basically took a fantastic Slash instrumental, and took a giant shit on it.

He's talentless, has no vocal range, can't write worth a shit, and represents a generation of poser rock from the 90's, and the fact he's got to basically beg for a VR reunion shows he's got nothing.

I would say "he should've OD'ed", but it would've martyred him and thank God he didn't die. To have heard about the "tragic loss" of Scott Weiland would've made me sick. Andy Wood was a tragic loss. Kurt Cobain was a shocking loss. Layne Staley was a heartbreaking loss. Scott Weiland is page six news and his brand of suck ass rock.

Chris Cornell = grunge / Sebastian Bach = glam... were the ONLY options for VR from day one. They fucked it up.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

For the record- I wouldn't want to see Cornell front VR. I don't think they would have meshed well for entire albums. Cornell thrives in bands that are outside the norm. Like SG. Or pair him with RATM, or even his first solo album. VR are a straight forward rock band, a very good one, but they aren't weird in anyway (outside of Weiland.)

I've always been an STP and Weiland fan, but that douchebag is making it harder and harder to listen to anything he's ever done. I have no idea the last time I listened to an STP song. I have listened to a couple VR songs. But Weiland has tainted all of that for me. He needs to get his shit together or just retire from music. He lost a lot of respect with that huge turd of a Christmas album he dropped. What a joke.

Too bad we can't see more of the Weilamd that performed Angie with VR. It's a shame we don't have a better quality of that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"Cornell has thrived in bands that are outside the norm"

Huh? Audioslave was about as commercial and anti-SG origins as it gets.

Board footer