You are not logged in. Please register or login.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

Re: Slash says Scott Weiland has been "FIRED" from Stone Temple Pilots

justbill wrote:

Scott-Weiland-Slash.jpg

(http://loudwire.com/slash-says-scott-we … le-pilots/) - Scott Weiland has mentioned that the timing is right for Velvet Revolver to put past issues aside and reunite, but Slash says there’s another motivation behind Weiland’s comments.

The guitarist tells Minneapolis/St. Paul’s 93X, “That’s because he got fired from STP.” Slash says that Weiland’s comments concerning Velvet Revolver tend to take him by surprise, but he did a little inquiring and learned about the Stone Temple Pilots situation. He explained, “I think all things considered, because these things always catch me by surprise too cause I always find out about it through the media and I’m on the road in another country and I start hearing all this stuff and then I inquire within, and that’s what I was told.”

Listen to 93X’s Interview With Slash: http://youtu.be/YAp6geRMfjg

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Kind of fucked for Slash to make that announcement for Scott, even if its true, and even though Scott keeps making up reunion talk.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Scott's plan may end up working.  He's clearly fishing for offers, and they will start coming in.  Slash's comments here will only fuel the speculation and gossip and keep the VR name out there.  Question is whether or not the offers will be enticing enough to get Slash to co-exist with Scott once again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
smoke wrote:

Kind of fucked for Slash to make that announcement for Scott, even if its true, and even though Scott keeps making up reunion talk.

Wow.

Gives me the idea that Slash may actually have a hatred for Scott. Like we've discussed in a different thread recently, I don't think I've heard Slash say much bad about Axl in the press and definitely never something like that.

Honestly in the last couple of years, short of that one off reunion for Dave & charity, I thought Slash would reunite with Axl before Scott. I think Slash seems disappointed and confused by the Axl thing (probably because of all the money on the table honestly), but Slash seems to just flat out hate Scott, or just not care for him much. Maybe Scott is too much of a temptation to Slash's sobriety, I dunno.

Either way, Slash seemed genuinely disappointed, no different than the fans, that Axl no-showed in Cleveland. The Scott thing, Slash seems to WANT to keep it exactly the way it is. hmm

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Slash's comments here will only fuel the speculation and gossip and keep the VR name out there.  Question is whether or not the offers will be enticing enough to get Slash to co-exist with Scott once again.

Sorry, but I don't think there is any "VR name" out there.  They were a band (Supergroup if you will), that put out one album in most peoples minds.  Libertad was ok, had alot wrong with it but some hidden, underrated potential.

The band & name & legacy are over though, it was a flash in the pan.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Slash has more reason to be forgiving towards Axl:

(a) They shared life experiences together prior to the band blowing up - eg Axl sleeping on Slash's couch etc

(b) With Axl slash did some of greatest recordings and shows - compared to VR which as perla so aptly stated is "not my husband's best work"

(c) It was much longer ago - more time to heal.

(d) They were both pretty much young men - and put in a freak situation of sudden rise to superstardom. As you get old - as Duff has said - you start to realise all of them just did what they did to stay alive.

(e) Slash probably recognises that his own substance abuse was worse in GNR than VR and so Axl had to deal with more crap from Slash's side of things than scott did.

(f) Even Axl's most hard to tolerate behaviour seems to come from his heart. I don't think Slash ever really understands Axl - but he does seem to understand that it's just Axl's nature.

(g) A GNR reunion would be major news. Folks like me would enjoy more VR but it's not huge news the way a GNR reunion would be - so financially he has more reason to patch it up with Axl too.

I think Matt called Scott "mini-Axl" at some point...and i think that sums it up - if Slash is going to deal with a singer....he has more to gain from dealing with Axl than with Scott...so if they both make similar issues for him....well...makes sense who he'd choose.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think you're right, and I think PaSnow is right to an extent to as a snap shot into Slash's psyche.

Slash did the VR thing and is just simply done with it imo. It was indeed a flash-in-the-pan. A supergroup no one had heard before. I remember the promos being Guns N' Pilots and/or Stone Temple Roses. People were curious to hear what happened, they heard it, and honestly Contraband had several single-worthy tracks, which drove it heard. It was a nice output, that although loaded with rock poser cheese (it was a basically a hair band with a grunge singer), it was radio-ready and a nice little moment around the mid-2000's.

It was done and cooked even by Libertad. I think Slash knows this. I also think Slash is getting older and doesn't really have an interest running around band to band, having to get used to MORE singers. I think he hopes to reunite with Axl, but at this point that's the only band he wants to be in. I think he likes his solo gig.

I also don't think he was AS opposed to being in a band with Corey Taylor. Just not VR. I think he's fine with it staying buried.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Velvet Revolver and Audioslave were the products of record company executives. Both bands were cash cows waiting to happen...  Rock radio needed a kick in the pants, and what better way to give it one... Mash together 2 proven multi-platinum 90's acts that everyone loves and you officially obtained a license to fucking print money.

After VR... The DeLeo Brothers even tried out the same formula with Richard Patrick from Filter with Army Of Anyone... And flopped miserably. It's too bad it did. That wasn't a bad record at all... But, those STP guys must have a shitload of bills... (Hence the STP reunion)

They both came out of the gate strong, but ran outta gas early. Audioslave, in my opinion, held on for one record too many... And, I'm sure Slash took that into consideration more than once since Scott bounced.

Both projects had a very clear shelf life, IMO

Contraband was pretty good. You can clearly tell, just by listening to it, that Slash, Duff and Matt were writing for Scott....  Flashes of Guns appear here and there, ( Big Machine would be a Freight Train with Axl screaming on it.) but it's clear they compromised a little more than they were comfortable with to please Weiland. (Slither is nothing more than an old school STP song.)...  I love(d) both bands, so it worked well for me. Front to back... a 7/10 all day. About the same score that I gave Chinese Democracy...

The first Audioslave album was fucking awesome. Before I heard Cochise and Show Me How To Live, I was skeptical as to how that shit was gonna work. Christ.. It was great.

Anyway...

Even still, the end result  of Contraband wipes the floor with almost anything on the radio at the time.... Fall To Pieces was overplayed, and I hated it for a while... But, it's aged well. Mostly, I think, because it's the one song (Loving The Alien is close...) on the album to have "Guns Ballad" slathered all over it.... I'll bet Slash fought hard for that one... (Wasn't it one of the ideas that Axl rejected?)

And it gave the Guns guys bragging rights.... They dropped a record before Axl. 5

Scott had veto power over songs that sounded too much like GN'R... Which they never should have given him.... Libertad is the result of them giving an inch, and him taking a mile.The "mini-Axl" comments are evident in the music. It's just short of horrible. There are moments... But, all in all.. It's a Scott Weiland  solo record. There's little to no evidence of the other components in that band. Slash plays like some poser hack has him on a leash... Mary Mary has a cool vibe, despite Scott's whiny fucking wailing...Sorum lays down a sick beat and Slash's solos rip on Just Sixteen...She Builds Quick Machines is kinda catchy... End of positive comments.

Seriously... He should have OD'd and died after Tiny Music...

I always thought Scott was light in the pants when it came to talent. He pretty much proved that he is in his book....He IS a fraud. Period. I read his book.. In an hour and a half... And not in a "This is so good, I can't put it down" way, either.... He's a pretentious, money hungry fake. Anthony Keidis will flat out tell you his weird random lyrics are just goofy shit he sings that sounds cool. That they don't mean shit. I always expected that Scott's were the same kind of nonsensical hooey (which they undoubtedly are), but NOOOOO... He talks about his lyrics like they're all deep and fucking profound. He's an intolerable douche. I'm sure die hard Weiland fans loved the album... If he has them.

Slash was happy to rid himself of his shit. At least Axl is a genuinely talented, deep motherfucker...That' s probably why Slash talk shit  about Scott... And is almost giddy to blow the whistle on the STP firing. He is aware of his primary musical motivation....

Lomax wrote:

Seems like Scott is to Slash what Slash is to Axl, a "cancer"

Board footer