You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: SLASH 'Wasn't Disappointed' By AXL ROSE's Decision To Skip RnRHoF

misterID wrote:

Slash stole some shit from Eddie Trunk's radio show studio. Eddie talked (in a friendly way) about it on TMS. It was some really rare UFO stuff I believe, and when Eddie confronted him about it (he saw him do it) Slash denied it and then had to fess up when Eddie started to make a big deal about it and gave it back. But yeah, Slash does steal shit. 16

And I'm pretty sure Slash did deny going to Axl's house. That was a rough spot he was in with VR, so I do understand why he lied about it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

"Slash: No, I just want to get on with what I'm doing. It's been a long time. I'm really happy that Axl seems to be happy. He's probably at the same place that I'm at. Whether he calls it GUNS or something else I don't care. I signed that name away a long time ago."

That's a great thing to say, imo. I still hope they iron out their differences even though there will never be a full blown reunion, I still hold out hope for some one off shows at some point.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

Slash stole some shit from Eddie Trunk's radio show studio. Eddie talked (in a friendly way) about it on TMS. It was some really rare UFO stuff I believe, and when Eddie confronted him about it (he saw him do it) Slash denied it and then had to fess up when Eddie started to make a big deal about it and gave it back. But yeah, Slash does steal shit. 16

So funny that he tried to deny it. Like Eddie fucking Trunk would accuse him of something like that if he wasn't absolutely sure. Reminds me of cops when a guy totally unprompted says "I haven't been drinking officer".

I'm actually shocked. A 50 year old millionaire going around boosting stuff. I can sorta see someone doing that when they're young and reckless, but now? Still? And we're not talking a pack of batteries at 7/11, no, let's jack some rare, personal stuff from the guy who's gonna write my story in the paper!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I thought that was an OLD story, not a recent one. That's crazy!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I don't think Slash is lyng. I think he could easily feel both. I think he genuinely did think it would be a great thing for fans and for history if the band reunited at the RRHOF. It doesn't mean he wasn't apprehensive about it. I think he genuinely did think a reunion might've been a  good thing for that night but as it all played out and built up yeah he probably was relieved it didn't happen. Ask him if he thinks it would've been nice for the fans to see a reunion or if he thinks itd be nice if they were able to set aside their differences and I guarantee you he says yes. Doesn't mean he wasn't relieved by not having to go through with it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

That is hilarious. Slash is a huge Michael Schenker fan.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Trunk would have a heart attack if he doesn't have every single thing from UFO. 18 Very funny story. Looks like Slash can be a kleptomaniac sometimes. 19

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

When I read Slash's book, he kinda came across as a sneaky dick.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Lol, why not? He's been caught in a big lie at least once. He still thinks it's ok to steal if the victim is rich.

What's the basis for that second statement?

When asked on Stern last year if he felt bad about stealing from some store chain back in the day he said "hell no". He speaks about his "cleptomaniac phase" as if that's something people go through. Couple that with going behind your band mates back, then lying to their faces and you got some questionable ethics.

I totally took the bait there huh.

The thing for me is that I DON'T CARE what GNR are like as people.

Seriously I don't give a fuck. I like them for the talent - which just happens to be a step above normal folks.

Since when are they rollmodels?

Matt makes a daughter go down on her mum but he's a good drummer.
Izzy delt drugs but he's a great rhythm player.
Duff drank so much they named the beer in the simpon's after him but he kicks ass on bass.
Slash steals some shit but he's the best rock guitarist of his generation.
Axl beat his wives, smashes up his house but you can't touch him as a frontman.

So I mean you can make a passive aggressive comment like "he still thinks it's ok to steal if the victim is rich" and I can ask why and you can tell me all about how Slash steals CD's...but anyone can play that game...."Axl still thinks it's ok to take something if the victim is weak"....oh...what do you mean monkey? "Oh..well he raped Erin in the asshole"....see how it's not all that relevant?

I like these people DESPITE what they do.

It's about the music.

But you know what...I believe Slash was relieved Axl wasn't there....it would have been the most awkward confrontation of all time on live TV....it's common fucking sense he'd be scared of it.....EVEN IF HE DOES STEAL SOME COMPACT DISCS GASP!

Board footer