You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: New Pearl Jam coming soon

smoke wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Alright u have each had your jabs...now let's move on...I'd pick aic, stp or nirvana over either one 16

...and you'd be fuckin wrong, too, champ!

wink

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Down on the Upside had few good songs but overall that album was weak Black Hole Sun is painfully lousy song and it was a lead single. As for Pearl Jam, as I said, I like most of their later albums as a band they`re more consistent than Soundgarden.

Black Hole Sun wasn't even on that album... 10 14

Which just proves you're full of shit, continually coming into every thread and telling everyone like your opinion is the only one that matters.

You should at least know what you're talking about, before you state such things, because it just makes you look like a fool. 16 16 16

Your " telling everyone like your opinion is the only one that matters " is really old, and outdated come up with something new big boy, oh holy shit, you explored new continent by discovering that Black Hole Sun was n`t on Down on the Upside ? it was a mechanical mistake from my part . Does it hurt your feelings that I prefer Pearl Jam to Soundgarden ? well, you gotta accept that everyone has different opinions and tastes. last but not least, take your passive aggressive jabs and shove them where sun will never shine you got it champ ?

You keep saying I'm passive aggressive, yet you're the one that will come into a thread of a band you don't like and say "they suck" and "they're shit" and it's getting to be annoying.
I have no problem with a difference of opinion, it's just the way you're saying it.

Maybe if YOU weren't so blunt in implying that anything you don't like must be in fact bad, then I wouldn't have a problem with your posts.

This forum is great for civil music convo, full of mixed tastes and opinions, and no doubt you wouldn't be here if you didn't feel the same way.

I just think saying "so and so band sucks" sounds like something for the school yard, and I'm sure you can add more interesting discussion than that. 22

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Black Hole Sun wasn't even on that album... 10 14

Which just proves you're full of shit, continually coming into every thread and telling everyone like your opinion is the only one that matters.

You should at least know what you're talking about, before you state such things, because it just makes you look like a fool. 16 16 16

Your " telling everyone like your opinion is the only one that matters " is really old, and outdated come up with something new big boy, oh holy shit, you explored new continent by discovering that Black Hole Sun was n`t on Down on the Upside ? it was a mechanical mistake from my part . Does it hurt your feelings that I prefer Pearl Jam to Soundgarden ? well, you gotta accept that everyone has different opinions and tastes. last but not least, take your passive aggressive jabs and shove them where sun will never shine you got it champ ?

You keep saying I'm passive aggressive, yet you're the one that will come into a thread of a band you don't like and say "they suck" and "they're shit" and it's getting to be annoying.
I have no problem with a difference of opinion, it's just the way you're saying it.

Maybe if YOU weren't so blunt in implying that anything you don't like must be in fact bad, then I wouldn't have a problem with your posts.

This forum is great for civil music convo, full of mixed tastes and opinions, and no doubt you wouldn't be here if you didn't feel the same way.

I just think saying "so and so band sucks" sounds like something for the school yard, and I'm sure you can add more interesting discussion than that. 22

Oh, fuck, do you have reading comprehension issues ? I did n`t say that Soundgarden sucked or I hated them on the contrary, I like `em or better to say I like Badmotorfinger, Superunknown ( except Black Hole Sun ) and King Animal. I simply said that I prefered Pearl Jam to them and their back catalogue was much stronger than Soundgarden`s. So if I prefer PJ to Chris & Co that means I hate Soundgarden ?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Oh, fuck, do you have reading comprehension issues ? I did n`t say that Soundgarden sucked or I hated them

Either you're easily forgetful, or you're just fucking with me... see below 10

Son of a Gun wrote:

Louder Than Love and Down on the Upside suck shit.

Son of a Gun wrote:

Pearl Jam slaughters Soundgarden.

If you don't hate Soundgarden, you sure have a funny way of saying it... 14

There's nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, I can read what you write very clearly, I'm just asking that you keep the "so and so band sucks shit" out of most of the threads you post in, because like I said, I'm sure you have more interesting things to add than that. 22

No need to get all defensive, I just find the "so and so band sucks shit" type of discussion boring.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Oh, fuck, do you have reading comprehension issues ? I did n`t say that Soundgarden sucked or I hated them

Either you're easily forgetful, or you're just fucking with me... see below 10

Son of a Gun wrote:

Louder Than Love and Down on the Upside suck shit.

Son of a Gun wrote:

Pearl Jam slaughters Soundgarden.

If you don't hate Soundgarden, you sure have a funny way of saying it... 14

There's nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, I can read what you write very clearly, I'm just asking that you keep the "so and so band sucks shit" out of most of the threads you post in, because like I said, I'm sure you have more interesting things to add than that. 22

No need to get all defensive, I just find the "so and so band sucks shit" type of discussion boring.

OK, this will be the last time I`ll respond. First of all, just because I don`t like Down on the Upside, Ultramega OK and Louder Than Love or I think that Pearl Jam is more consistent band does  n`t mean I hate Soundgarden. Nearly all my fave bands have albums that I don`t like Soundgarden is no exception. With all due respect you won`t tell me how to post, if my posts irritate you so much, then do a favor and don`t respond 22

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
Neemo wrote:

On tha ceiling on a voice ah better said on a leavin on a wishin on a way e yey an I call out I say and I call out isay and I call out again. An I'm whisline no wanna wear on a back soul abag!. And I see them on a front wayyyyyyyyy, on ceiling out on da porch .

.. Clear as mud...lol

Lol, I always think Eddie's singing about Soya Beans at the end of Rear View Mirror, one of my fave PJ songs. Just awesome.

I like so PJ so much, my son is called Eddie..... although I'm no fanboy, I havent heard any of the last two albums, but Ten, Vs, No Code and Yield are covered in cool memories for me. PJ are cool in my book.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Neemo wrote:

On tha ceiling on a voice ah better said on a leavin on a wishin on a way e yey an I call out I say and I call out isay and I call out again. An I'm whisline no wanna wear on a back soul abag!. And I see them on a front wayyyyyyyyy, on ceiling out on da porch .

.. Clear as mud...lol

Lol, I always think Eddie's singing about Soya Beans at the end of Rear View Mirror, one of my fave PJ songs. Just awesome.

I like so PJ so much, my son is called Eddie..... although I'm no fanboy, I havent heard any of the last two albums, but Ten, Vs, No Code and Yield are covered in cool memories for me. PJ are cool in my book.

And I thought Eddie was out of respect for iron Maiden! 9

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He changes it depending on the thread. *see Van Halen thread* 16 (j/k)

As for Pearl Jam & Soundgarden, gotta be honest, Soundgarden destroys Pearl Jam. Although I can see Neemo's point too -- i'd take AIC over them both. Nobody is doubting Pearl Jam has a shitload of accomplished musicians who just bring it constantly, and honestly of the last 20 years Pearl Jam was the only band to survive and still remain fan-oriented. Gotta love that.

But on the other hand you gotta tip your outlaw hat to SG as well. Soundgarden were basically over and done in 10 years, and their catalog is solid. Granted i'm not a big fan of Ultramega OK (tries to be their Kill 'Em All! and it's just not), Louder Than Love is comparable to Nirvana's Bleach (take that how you want), but "the big three" is just an amazing trilogy of work. Badmotorfinger, Superunknown & Down On The Upside in the span of only five years is just an astonishing accomplishment. And although you could say the exact same thing for Ten, Vs. & Vitalogy or arguably Facelift, Dirt & Tripod or Bleach, Nevermind & In Utero in their respective periods... if I had to choose the three-album deal to go to a deserted island with, it'd be tough, but i'd go with SG over PJ. Choosing Badmotorfinger, Superunknown & Down On The Upside over Ten, Vs. & Vitalogy.

In the end, none of this matters. We all know the correct answer is...

Appetite For Destruction
Use Your Illusion I
Use Your Illusion II

22 9

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

As it should be! 16

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

He changes it depending on the thread. *see Van Halen thread* 16 (j/k)

As for Pearl Jam & Soundgarden, gotta be honest, Soundgarden destroys Pearl Jam. Although I can see Neemo's point too -- i'd take AIC over them both. Nobody is doubting Pearl Jam has a shitload of accomplished musicians who just bring it constantly, and honestly of the last 20 years Pearl Jam was the only band to survive and still remain fan-oriented. Gotta love that.

But on the other hand you gotta tip your outlaw hat to SG as well. Soundgarden were basically over and done in 10 years, and their catalog is solid. Granted i'm not a big fan of Ultramega OK (tries to be their Kill 'Em All! and it's just not), Louder Than Love is comparable to Nirvana's Bleach (take that how you want), but "the big three" is just an amazing trilogy of work. Badmotorfinger, Superunknown & Down On The Upside in the span of only five years is just an astonishing accomplishment. And although you could say the exact same thing for Ten, Vs. & Vitalogy or arguably Facelift, Dirt & Tripod or Bleach, Nevermind & In Utero in their respective periods... if I had to choose the three-album deal to go to a deserted island with, it'd be tough, but i'd go with SG over PJ. Choosing Badmotorfinger, Superunknown & Down On The Upside over Ten, Vs. & Vitalogy.

In the end, none of this matters. We all know the correct answer is...

Appetite For Destruction
Use Your Illusion I
Use Your Illusion II

22 9

I`ll argue quite opposite about GNR Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 > > > > Appetite yes, there are lots of fillers on UYIs but good material from those albums crushes AFD.

Board footer