You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Velvet Revolver Video Contest On Fuse

There is a commercial running on Fuse for a video contest for VR.

The contest to make a video for their next single and who ever wins, that will be the official video.

Pretty cool aye.   Weird thing is the commercial is stating it's on FuseTV.com, however, I don't see it at all.

http://www.fuse.tv/index.php

I imagine it will be soon, keep looking if anyones interested.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Well they gave up on that single, didn't they.

I wonder what the final single will be, do they mention it?

It's for Get Out The Door and if you win, they fly you to Amsterdam, you get to meet them and watch the last show on their tour.

It's not even on VR's website, how strange.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Honestly, I hate the idea. This crap about involving the fans that artists and labels somehow think helps record sales, it's been done before to little positive effect. Simply put, no good can come of it. It's devoid of any artistic sentiment on the part of the band, it's just fucking silly. I hated when Korn did it all the way back when for their "Alone I Break" video, their worst and that's saying something because Korn has had some doozies. Ozzy just embarassed himself last year with the (I'm sure) Sharon-headed effort to have fans submit their own edits of the Ozzy band performing in front of green screen. It made the catchy lead single off an otherwise stellar album seem pathetic. I'm sorry if people are gonna come in and do the whole high and mighty "the video doesn't matter it's about the music" speech, but the video does matter. Would you like to see a fan directed GN'R video? Unless you're the fan, probably not. The fact is, these people winning the contests aren't professionals, the videos they deliver are sub-subpar, and it ultimately embarasses the artist and undermines their otherwise creative efforts. It's a trend that has to die.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

for the record i ahvent watched music videos on a regular basis since about 1997...to the youth i'm sure videos matter a whole hell of a lot, but usually the artist isnt even conveying their thoughts on what the song actually means anyway so i say whats the diffference...and fan made videos lets the band give someone the opportunity of a lifetime...i think its pretty cool, but like i said videos really dont mean anything to me one way or the other...and just cuz someone is a professional director doesnt mean that their ideas are any better than yours or mine big_smile

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Hey, maybe this is 'cause of the writer's strike 16

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I've got the perfect idea.

3 minutes of "Fuck Velvet Revolver" on screen.  Followed by the band in a room with two doors (all annimated of course).  One door says GNR, one door says STP.  Slash, Duff and Matt walk through the GNR door, and Scott goes to walk through the STP one, and just before getting all the way through, he turns to Dave and says "get out the door". 

Brilliant.  3  I'd vote for it.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

what if you video idea revolves around actually filming the band?

are you supposed to just submit treatments, or execute a video without any band images in it?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Saikin aside from the "Fuck VR" (since it would never win) that's actually not a bad idea. I don't think they'd want it, or accept it, but I do think the STP/GnR door idea is cool.

Elmir I think they want you to actually MAKE the video. Basically send them the 3-4 minute video. Edited by you. I don't think they'd care if they are in it. Maybe the concert footage could have a copyright, but they might own it anyway, or be able to obtain it for the video.

JVD, I know what you mean, but I look at this more as the band just gave up. Didn't want to shoot another video, and the label came up with this cheesy idea. I bet the video gets played once, as the "premiere" then never gets aired again. Goodbye Libertad, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

"Soon, you can! " ?

Board footer