You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Time for the reunion

apex-twin wrote:

Promoter Don Marradino is certainly putting a lot of information on his name. He's definitely promoting his employer (Hard Rock), the residencies and the DVD.

If true, I'd expect Ax to be pissed at him for telling. If false, he could be using the news story to sell the idea off to Ax.

Expect Slash to answer about this with 'I don't know."

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The two comments aren't even connected. Don said the band was coming back to do another run and they were preparing for it and excited. He said nothing, and never ever referred or responded to ANY reunion rumors AT ALL. He was talking about the current band. A reporter totally made that shit up that "he heard" Axl was contemplating it. All reports say Axl's real response to any reunion talk at these shows behind the scenes was "not in this lifetime."

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Ah, true. From the original article:

Robin Leach wrote:

I’m reliably told that business at the box office has been phenomenal and even better than frontman Axl Rose anticipated. “So much so, he’s begun thinking about putting the original group all back together for a global tour. That would be the biggest-selling rock tour of all tours,” one knowledgeable insider told me."

It's pretty shoddy journalism in that it's hearsay, turning into headlines when reprinted by sensationalist websites like Blabbermouth.

AtariLegend wrote:

Though I hope that it has been great, is it really likely Axl has changed his mind since his last interview a month ago?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

If ticket sales are amazing, why would he need reunion?

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
-D- wrote:

If ticket sales are amazing, why would he need reunion?

ticket sales are not amazing, they are pretty terrible.

Do you even remember the last US Arena tour, they were barely filling half of the arena.
And club tours are easy to sell out, and I don't even think all of the vegas gigs were even sold out.

Like I said before, if Axl is just going to tour on GHs of AFD/UYI then just tour with the band that wrote the songs, not a cover band.

They are playing the same amount of new songs as they were in 2002 3 or 4 per night.

That is awful.  At this point they should be playing at least half of CD every show.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I would have been on-board with a reunion in 2006 when Axl was in decent shape with a lot of energy and a very good voice on stage. Now? Nope. He's a shell of what he was even 8 years ago, never mind 25 years ago.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I wouldn't care if Axl was fat on stage or not. He's much more in key with his 80's image today, with the rest of them, then he was in 2002 when he was trying to urban.

It's the voice. If Axl can get into vocal shape--yes. If not, no. Leave the memory alone. Don't ruin it. With Axl's voice where it is right now, i'd much rather him climb back into a studio for many years and just record new music with the new band, and occasionally tour, rather than a reunion or another tour period. Not until he gets better vocally.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
SLASH wrote:

Slash told The Pulse Of Radio awhile back how his relationship with Rose disintegrated during the final years of the original GUNS lineup. "His sort of m.o., as far as the band was concerned, over time got so exaggerated in the rock star sense or whatever and he became such a dictator and this and that and the other, that it was impossible for me to work with him, because I'm not the kind of person that takes orders, you know," he said.

This quote tells me Slash has absolutely no idea how to answer this question. Maybe he does know the answer and doesn't want to get into it, maybe he doesn't know but is trying to make himself look cool or the good guy... but it's the lamest answer ever. "He like, told me what to do, and I'm like, hey man, I don't take orders. I'm bolting." There's a much deeper reason to it than that, because Axl has mended fences with everyone but Slash... And it seems to be a lot more significant than someone telling the other what to do.

And with Axl... The guy will write an 800 word essay about how Slash knows what he did but not say exactly what he did to piss him off, which is incredibly frustrating. But on Axl's side... He's at least been more open and shined a light on a few things, such as when he said Slash came to his house and was lying about not going, which was true. He brought up the frivolous lawsuits being a part of the feud, burying the music Axl liked for the follow-up to UYI, including "Fall To Pieces", things with Slash's first wife and managers that I'm a little fuzzy on atm, and misrepresenting what happened in the band, why he left, to the press to make Axl look bad in an attempt to sabotage Axl... So, we can get a few things out of what Axl has said. I wish he would just be more specific about the actual instances that makes him hate Slash so much. But thinking about it now... Axl has been more specific than anything Slash has said, from what I gather at least.

Board footer