You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63

Damn...! RIP. This is awful. Feel badly for his family, friends, fans, and other loved ones! So many great roles and that energy! He recently finished Night at the Museum 3 and I think a few other TV or movie related projects. Not sure.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/11/ … e=facebook

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/1 … 70050.html

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Hook, Mrs Doubtfire, Jumanji were 3 massive films of my childhood, I have watched them all countless times. Very sad to hear this news, it feels like a small part of my childhood has gone with him.

AtariLegend wrote:

Rest in Peace funny man.

Me_Wise_Magic

A Private Eye wrote:

Hook, Mrs Doubtfire, Jumanji were 3 massive films of my childhood, I have watched them all countless times. Very sad to hear this news, it feels like a small part of my childhood has gone with him.

Haven't watched Jumanji in forever. Such a great adaptation and fun movie.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

sad

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

RIP

Gonna watch Mrs Doubtfire and Patch Adams tonight.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Bird Cage is my favorite.

It's all very sad.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

This man was a legend. So generous, and really a defining actor, tied directly into my generation.

Mrs. Doubtfire is an all-time fave and a classic. And who can forget his time on Happy Days/Mork & Mindy. Awakenings might be one of his finest performances. And he did another film (can't remember the name) where he played a Russian immigrant that defects from the Soviet Union and comes to America. Another great performance from him.

But the true impact he had... I remember (pretty young), going and seeing Patch Adams on opening Friday night to a packed house. Hype was in overload for the film and it sold out fairly quickly. Unheard of for the area I was in. I remember sitting there as a small child, laughing, crying, thinking, and really absorbing this film and Robin in it. When the film ended, the audience lept to their feet almost in unison, and applauded, whistled, hollered, Aresenio-whooped, and continued clapping until the ushers started to... well... usher them.

I had never seen a reaction to a film like that. And I think because that group, that night, knew we had all seen something as a group of people that was a snapshot in time of a great man, a great performance that we could all say we saw almost the first people in the mass public to see.

And it was all because of Robin Williams.

And i've never seen that, nearly standing room only, as people snuck in left and right, leaned on the walls, ushers snuck out of their breaks... to see Robin.

To this day, it's never been repeated in a motion picture exhibition in my presence as a premiere. Now with that kind of enthusiasm.

I highly suggest to all of you who haven't heard Marc Maron's fabulous WTF podcast to go listen to his special "Remembering Robin Williams" podcast on iTunes where he replays an intimate interview with Robin from April 2010, where Robin was very candid, and open about his life, his struggles, his depression, and his future.

My heart breaks for his family, but my heart warms that knowing him a little better from that podcast... that I now know the pain he is out of. You can't understand it, if you haven't been there.

With much love Robin....

Nanu nanu

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I guess the Parkinson's just pushed him over the edge.

Me_Wise_Magic

misterID wrote:

I guess the Parkinson's just pushed him over the edge.

Yeah I read about the story that he was diagnosed. Very sad that it was hard for him to overcome these hardships. Depression is a serious illness and it's a tough fight. Hopefully he's found peace and laughter where he is now.

Board footer