You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Fortus says new music and tour in 16

Lomax wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richar … next-year/

Believe it when I see it I guess. But hey if it's anything like how CD went down we should be getting leaks any minute!

aaaaand the leaks have begun.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Another new interview with Fortus, where he basically says the same thing again:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n … uro0ZqP.99

"The current state of GN'R is pretty up in the air," he replied. "The last I heard they wanted to finish up the recordings that we have and put them out next year and start touring. But it has been a while since I've heard from anybody in that camp as far as management or Axl. So I really don't know."

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good thing he didn't play on stage with Slash while in Thin Lizzy. The new album would neeeeevvvvver come out then.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

That has to be the closest a current member has come to saying anything negative publicly about Slash. I like Richard. Always have. Think he's good for the band, and if they were ever to reunite, you know Izzy would never do it save for a show here or there, and he'd be perfect for that role.

Sky Dog wrote:

CD's don't sell anymore.....Izzy may run out of cash...just sayin...he didn't reap all the cash made on the UYI tour in 92-93. Things can change quickly for people in their late 40's and early 50's. All of a sudden a run of 15 shows for huge dollars may be attractive....under any set of circumstances. 9

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Izzy gets paid for doing shows with Axl now. That's probably helping him out a lot.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

"The current state of GN'R is pretty up in the air," he replied. "The last I heard they wanted to finish up the recordings that we have and put them out next year and start touring. But it has been a while since I've heard from anybody in that camp as far as management or Axl. So I really don't know."

He doesn't even include himself in the mix when discussing GNR. "They" or "that" and the only time he uses "I" it's to say that he doesn't know anything, yet he's trying the stale tactic of dangling a phantom carrot of finishing album and a tour. Richard, let me tell ya something....if you haven't finished CD II yet, chances are it's never going to be finished.

IMO "pretty up in the air" is being a bit too positive. At this point I don't think there's a band at all, hasn't been since their last show, and wont be for the foreseeable future. It's worse than in late 2005 when Dizzy admitted that the band hadn't seen each other since the 02 tour implosion. This time at least two members(Ron and DJ) are out of the picture. Maybe more.

Having said that, it was deader than Abe Lincoln in late 05 then it looked like they were going for broke in 06.  Damn, I wish Axl had wrapped up this whole saga then.

Sky Dog wrote:

ID, Izzy played like less than 10 shows over a long time span...literally nothing other than free room and board for this incarnation! A 15 show run on a reunion tour probably makes a few mil....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes. How much you think Axl pays Izzy to play 2 songs? Maybe 5 grand and travel room board. That is it tops.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

B3-s31zCUAA4anP.jpg
Image tweeted on Dec 3rd, 2014, by both Pitman and Axl.

In June, Axl wrote:

We’ve worked more on some of those things and we’ve written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That’s already recorded... But after Vegas, we’re going to start looking very seriously at what we’re doing in that regard.

Two weeks prior to tweeting that image, on Nov 20th, Fortus spilled some beans in a guitar workshop.

Fortus wrote:

DJ and I've worked on stuff, nobody's worked on stuff with Ron, but yeah... What'll [Axl]'ll do is that he'll take a little piece that I sent, he'll take a little piece that DJ sent on another track... He'd take a little piece of this, and a little piece of that, and they put it together... He's got a real talent for that.

Some of them he's working on as we're here, 'cause I know in this week, he's recording a lot of stuff, vocals, yeah... Some of the stuff Slash did, you know, that was like the beginning, the seed of the song, that's been around for a while.

There was something going on, with Axl and Pitman. Who cared for the guitarists, they'd played out their parts. Now, two of them are gone, as we've hit a downtime slump. Gone like the Stay of Execution trademark application. All these small hints have been brought up, and seemingly abandoned.

The Vault contains the other half of CD and a remix album, with more tracks done in after Vegas.

If you're waiting, don't. Living on Axl's clock is any good only if he pays you for it.

Speaking of which, Fernando posted in HTGTH.

Fernando wrote:

There will always be the could of done better, should of done it this way, should of done it that way.  Things could of been handled differently, however they weren't and here we are.  I know it isn't ideal, and what's not ideal; gets turned into whatever one's perception of the situation is and then the forums flourish with discussions.

Some of the points made on this Forum or others are read and even the most negative ones help in some way.  I do apologize if updates aren't as frequently as you would like them to be.  But it doesn't mean that there isn't one, just maybe, only maybe that update isn't ready to be made.

Board footer