You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Post your track list for GH/Best Of set

AtariLegend wrote:

The silly track listing people keep posting wasn't the one listed in the version we debated many moons ago.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Man, I'd love to contribute to this. I've made GN'R "best ofs" that I've gifted to people. I rarely include much if anything from Appetite. It's a classic album, but it's played the fuck out like a Jheri curl. I've heard it enough. I've heard its anthems enough. I've always, always preferred the Illusions as my favorite GN'R album. As time goes by, I discover more and more about the Illusions that keeps me coming back, and less and less about Appetite that whets my interest. I love TSI. I love GN'R Lies. I'm just not beholden to the Church of Appetite like the rest of the world, so I usually avoid sharing what I personally would track as a "best of" as a result. My "best of" is my own personal opinion based on my own wider, admittedly avant-garde taste in music. Telling other GN'R fans I could probably do without ever, ever hearing WTTJ or SCOM or Paradise City again tends to result in ridicule and hurt feelings.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Von you're preaching to my choir. Until this Axl/Slash news surfaced I had went many years without listening to AFD. Got burnt out on it in the 90s. It was the soundtrack of my life in my junior high years 87-89. Hell, my disinterest in AFD, even touring on the back of it years ago  caused me to coin the term "AFD rehash" which immediately became a commonly used term on the forums.

Busted out TSI about a week ago and started listening to the rest of those albums as well. Talk about a trip down memory lane.

Von

Von wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Von you're preaching to my choir. Until this Axl/Slash news surfaced I had went many years without listening to AFD. Got burnt out on it in the 90s. It was the soundtrack of my life in my junior high years 87-89. Hell, my disinterest in AFD, even touring on the back of it years ago  caused me to coin the term "AFD rehash" which immediately became a commonly used term on the forums.

Busted out TSI about a week ago and started listening to the rest of those albums as well. Talk about a trip down memory lane.

Cheers mate 5 That said...

---

Gn'f'nR's! Vol. 1

01. Dust N' Bones
02. You Ain't the First
03. Bad Obsession
04. Back Off Bitch
05. Don't Damn Me
06. Bad Apples
07. 14 Years
08. Get in the Ring
09. Breakdown
10. Pretty Tied Up
11. So Fine
12. You Could Be Mine
13. Used to Love Her
14. Human Being
15. Oh My God
16. Better

---

16 tracks. 78 mins. One disc. No AFD. And somewhat different than the same disc I'd have made, say, five years ago. Was fun but hard to make.

Von

Von wrote:

In the event "Oh My God" isn't available and you wish to stream said track list, replace with "Shackler's Revenge" and move to last track.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Two Disc Set. Did a "Best Of" instead of a Greatest Hits

Disc 1: 86-91

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy (Live - June 28th 1987 - Marquee Club, London)*
3. Nightrain
4. Mr. Brownstone
5. Sweet Child O' Mine
6. Rocket Queen
7. Paradise City
8. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Live - June 28th 1987 - Marquee Club, London)*
9. You're Crazy (Acoustic)
10. Move to the City **
11. Patience
12. Dust N' Bones
13. Double Talkin' Jive
14. Don't Cry (Alternate Lyrics)
15. Coma

* Originally released only in Japan on the Live From The Jungle EP
** Live Like A Suicide Version, not the one with added crowd noise from GNR Lies

Running Time: 1 Hours 17 minutes

Disc 2: 91-08

1. The Garden
2. Yesterdays
3. Civil War
4. November Rain
5. You Could Be Mine
6. Down On The Farm
7. Estranged
8. Oh My God
9. Chinese Democracy (Live - December 2nd 2002-  Fleet Center, Boston)
10. Street of Dreams
11. Madagascar
12. Catcher in the Rye (1999 Demo)
13. Better
14. There Was A Time

Running Time: 1 Hour 19 minutes

Board footer